Where to find a good Boutique in Kolkata?

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by debjanisen, Apr 16, 2009.

1. debjanisen

debjanisen New IL'ite

Hello Everyone,
    I am new to this site. I have heard so much about Indus Ladies that I could not resist myself from opening an account here. Hope to make plenty of friends here and hope my problems will find solutions here. Anyways, I have recently shifted to Kolkata because of my husband’s transfer. Though I am a Bengalee I am not from Kolkata. I am getting acquainted with this place. I am originally from Delhi.

I am looking for a good boutique for our dresses. I would prefer a boutique by some local designer and not one of those international brands. Local designers can give a much better local flavor to the place.

I am a huge fascination for boutique products, be it sarees or salwars or anything. I am sure you all know and will tell me…
    I am so eager to listen from my new friends.

Do help me.
    Subho Nababorsho to all of you.
    Take care,
    Debjani

2. saradiawrites

saradiawrites New IL'ite

Hello Debjani,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies and Welcome to Kolkata as well. I am sure you are finding this site quite interesting and helpful and hope you have the same opinion about my city of joy. I too have a huge fascination for boutiques, so much so that I am often laughed about by my hubby.

Anyways, there are plenty of shops in Kolkata that deal with boutique products; I am giving you a small list.

Here I go…

Arushi Boutique‎, it is in Salt Lake, though I dunno how long you have been here, but I am sure you have heard about Salt Lake.

Dhan Laxmi Boutique‎, this one is again in Salt Lake

Ferns N Petals, it is in opposite of the Forum Shopping Mall.

I usually buy from Arushi Boutique, and I can assure you that they will meet your taste and requirements.

Do tell me if it helped you.
    Happy Shopping…

3. prriti

prriti New IL'ite

hi Debjani...

One boutique i know is located in south kol, lake gardens.
    where do u stay in Kolkata?

interested in making friends?:)

4. sundust

sundust New IL'ite

Hi Saradia,

Can you please give the full address of the boutiques???

I go to shopping for Kolkata....but finding the address in Saltlake is pretty difficult.

If you can give addresses and some landmark. that would be really helpful!

Thanks

5. PrityGP

PrityGP Senior IL'ite

Apart from boutiques, you can also try the popular shopping destinations like - Vardaan Market, Emami Market, City Centre etc. Each of them has various shops that cater to Indian woman apparel and are real good.

Vardaan Mkt is in Camac Street, Emami is in Lord Sinha Road and City Centre is in Salt Lake and a landmark in itself.

6. Kashmirkrafts

Kashmirkrafts New IL'ite

You can also check out the Farah Khan Boutique in Fort William, Kolkata, which has exclusive Kantha products at very affordable prices. You can get very good Saris, Suits, dupattas, stoles, tops etc of the best quality but at reasonable prices. However you need to take prior appointment since access to the area is restricted. Do let me know if you want to visit the Boutique

7. nakshikantha

nakshikantha New IL'ite

You can check the unique boutique collections in our Boutique.....

Thanks and Regards,
    NAKSHI KANTHA BOUTIQUE(9674988306)
    MRS PRIYANKA CHAKRABORTY.

8. Ronika

Ronika New IL'ite

do check out sumis collection,a boutique within budget at a cosy homely atmosphere in entally kolkata 700014,just near entally market.meet the owner whose smile will welcome you to the collection.mrs s dutta 9088423905/9831208728.between 4pm to 8pm.collection of ethnic and designer bengali sarees and kurtis apart from other stuffs also available.do contact my friends

9. mridulapoddar

mridulapoddar New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am Mridula Poddar from Kolkata and running a boutique here. Apart from designer ethnic wear I specialize in Trasfer Work. i.e. I can re-do old work into a new fabric and give a old saree or lehenga a new look. I have been doing this for the last 15 years and now keen to provide my franchise to other cities where you can take orders and I can execute the work. If any one of you is interested to work with me in these line then please pm me