Where to buy salwar materials ?

Discussion in 'Pune' started by renuka7, May 5, 2010.

1. renuka7

renuka7 New IL'ite

Hi,

In Pune, where you people go for salwar materials shopping? I'm new to pune and I'm working in Infosys.

2. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

If you are looking for some daily wear Salwar-Kameez materials, you should try Hy Fashion at Laxmi Road. They have got a lot of dress materials in cotton right now - it being summers. They have more of the readymade wear - but right now, its a good time to go.

There is another shop above Hy fashion (the same people own both shops and it's also called hy fashion) and this shop has only dress materials. So, here you will have a lot of things to choose from and do some mix-n-match if you like.

These are the 2 places that I have been going to for quite some years now.

Another place (came to know through a friend recently, never been here) is ............... :bonk... ok, i dont remember the name, but if you know where CHitale Bandhu near Laxmi Road is, take the road that goes inside - just ask for the cut-piece shop - i believe that they have been there for many years and are famous or the sorts.

If you are looking for some fancy material - then Silk Museum, Hy fashion, Shagun (i think they have really too heavy things) and any other shops at Laxmi Road.

3. renuka7

renuka7 New IL'ite

Hello Gayathri,

Thank you for your reply.

4. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

hi..
    incase you looking for a place to buy clothes in pune camp then... " hajji hiroli" situated at centre street is the place to be..they have 2 shop in the same locality and one in wonderland on m.g.road.this place i highly recommended incase ur looking for cottons.
    then there is wonderland, clovercentre situated at M.G. road where you can shop for every think from the latest to the comfortable ones.

njoy shopping......:thumbsup

5. renuka7

renuka7 New IL'ite

Thank you kainaath

6. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Thanks kainaath! I have never been to this place,
    me too want to try this place!:)

7. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

hi renuka and gayathri...
    no issues.....shopping is the major fun factor for any woman...glad i could be of assistance.

8. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Ok, just asked my freind and got the name of the place I was rambling about in my last post.

Its Lunkad - near lakmi chowk.

Also, heard that there is a "hastakala" on lakshmi road (NOTE : this is not the hastakala that has loads of sarees, but rather take a turn from kunte chowk, into the gully). Heard that it has nice cotton materials