where to buy Navarathri golu dolls

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by skalluri, Nov 2, 2013.

1. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

I live in USA, I am thinking of starting my new golu collection , in andhra we have culture of setting up golu (bommala koluvu in telugu) during Sankranthi. I am getting prepared for this now, but I dont have collection of dolls, where can I buy the dolls? may be in december I go to India(hyd) , where can I get good collection in hyd. Also are there any online sites to buy dolls.

thanks,
    Sujatha.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2016

2. vanisriv

vanisriv Silver IL'ite

skalluri,

you can try navarathri.com. They have an excellent collection. But it is quite expensive.

Vani

3. Mysterylook

Mysterylook New IL'ite

I also wanted to buy Golu dolls. I planned to order one from india4you.com. The website seems to be a farce. The prices keep changing and increasing each day. There was this Mayabazaar one, that was 77$ a 3 days back. Today it is 95$. Same thing with all the dolls. This is absolutely looting people. I would not buy there at all. Other sites retain the same price throughout so far at least.

4. Mysterylook

Mysterylook New IL'ite

An update - hotdishes.net have a good collection but they expect you to order in bulk to saturate shipping cost. It took three weeks for them to ship my doll.

I found another site. Www.amaasing.com. The prices are quite competitive and no shipping and very prompt delivery. Since they ship from the US I got mine delivered within 3-4 days of placing order. Even my last minute order was fulfilled without hassles. I would surely recommend this for golu dolls

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2016
  5. CikS

CikS New IL'ite

Hello, I have recently moved to California USA and will be here for quite sometime.I am wondering is there any community place near or within palo alto where we can celebrate festivals like navratri, diwali and specially Karva chauth...i know sunnyvale is good for this but its a bit faraway for us..thanks

6. Deekshita142

Deekshita142 New IL'ite