1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

where to buy good pedicure and manicure kit in US

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by gayusaarathy, Jan 3, 2010.

1. gayusaarathy

gayusaarathy New IL'ite

i want to know which is the best brand for pedicure and manicure kit and where to buy in US

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

At the drug store you can buy the better quality implements singly in the nail polish section. Revlon or La Crosse brands are good. If you are not in a hurry, you can wait for a sale. You can also go to beauty supply stores which have a better selection of things like files, polish removers. I have never found sets to be as good as buying just what you need singly and paying more for good quality. What I use are finger nail and toe nail clippers (Trim brand is good), cuticle scissors, nail scissors, cuticle pushers. Hindu sticks are good but hard to find (it is a stone for rubbing off cuticles...heavens knows why they are called hindu sticks). At stores like dollar stores or drugstores you can also get foot callous equipment. The one like a little grater works well.

3. gayusaarathy

gayusaarathy New IL'ite

Hi
    Thank u for the suggestions. Does bath and body works foot cream is good? have you tried anything from that?

4. tashidelek2002

I haven't used that one. The ones I like are Miracle Foot Repair (which is also good as hand cream before bed) (you can get at Walmart) or Himalaya foot cream.

5. RamyaKrishn

RamyaKrishn Silver IL'ite

I actually had most of the tools in the kit (bought it back from India) but for small things I stopped by at CVS, you can always chop the coupons from the weekly paper!!! If you want some expensive once drop by at ulta they have some nice kits!!! But I have noticed that the salons use some ordinary once from the chinese market you can check at chinese market too!!! I only have taken some face creams, body lotions and moisturizers from bath and body works but havent tried any foot cremes though!!!

6. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

You can try walgreens/ULTA/WALMART/TARGET/KOHLs every store carries these kits and the kind of products they use range from diff. varities like natural / spa / chemical etc.

7. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

Hi..

I bought a good pedicure set from J.C.Penny... But if you want you can buy everything separate in Sally's beauty supply if you have one near your place...

8. tashidelek2002

One thing: I have yet to see any scissors made in China that were of any quality above horrible. I have nail and cuticle scissors that were made in Pakistan that actually are pretty good. I would stay away from any "precision" instruments from China in the nail dept.

9. gayusaarathy

gayusaarathy New IL'ite

HI ILies,

I got an idea now.. will look in some stores you suggested. I also want to know if anybody used epilator and i heard panasonic and philips brands are good. i want to know in specific which is good. I saw in many shops but dint find one here. Can u tell me which shop has good epilators too.