Where to Buy Gold Coin in Chennai

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by vbrintha, Mar 12, 2008.

1. vbrintha

vbrintha New IL'ite

Hi,

I am planning to buy Gold Coin. I would convert these coins to ornaments later. Kindly let me know which shop is the best to buy Gold Coins. I have heard that some shops put Making and Wastage charges even for Gold Coins. Some do not.

Also some shops sell Gold for less price which makes me doubt their purity level.

Also when we exchange Ornaments for Gold Coins, I want that shop to take the Gold Coin from me for the price as of that date without deducting any percentage of amount.

Please let me know the right place to purchase Gold Coins.

I know one such shop in my native place, but not sure how the shops works in Chennai.

2. Sowparnika

Sowparnika Silver IL'ite

Hi
    You can buy gold coins from Tanishq in chennai.They belong to the Tata group and they guarantee the purity of their gold.They have a caratmeter in their showrooms for checking the purity.Their jewellery collection is also very good,so it should be easier for you to exchange it later.
    I'm not sure if there is a wastage charged...
    They have a showroom in T.Nagar and Cathedral Rd(near stella maris college)

rgds,
    sowpar

3. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

hi brindha,

As sowparnika said,Tanishq is the best place to buy gold coins.But their charges are very high.But the quality is too good.

You can try Grt in T.Nagar.I feel it is the best shop in chennai.You can also convert your gold coins there .They take the coins for the same rate without any deduction.

We (Our family)have been buying there for more than 30 years.

But a small suggestion.Buy the coins only when the gold prices come down.THen only you will not feel the pinch when you convert it into ornaments.

4. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

If you are buying gold coins- Banks and Postoffices

also offer them with 24 ct.purity.

5. deepss25

deepss25 Bronze IL'ite

hi,

You can buy from about the banks ( minimum is 5gms) in the post office you can buy even half gram.or as all said tanishq is good.

deepa

6. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

GRT is the best jewellery shop in chennai,very trustworthy too.

7. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

I would strongly recommend Tanishq.."Pure Gold" :thumbsup and you can check the purity too...

Whereas GRT and VBJ jas good gold but you will have to exchange in their shop itself for avoiding wastage and conversion rate difference

Banks are also good choice..Go for nationalized banks rather than ICICI and all

8. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

In GRT also when we buy / sell the gold coins there is wastage. We came to know when we exchanged the gold coins to buy some jewels in GRT. Though they take it on the same day gold rate they put the wastage...

9. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Hey,

When we exchange the gold coin for ornaments, there never used to be wastage involved in the coins we provide. They directly multiply the grams with that day's gold rate and take in the money for exchange.
    Wastage for coins during exchange for ornaments is news to me!! Or am I so much in backlog?!!

10. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

Hi Ums

I mean to say that we came to know that there is a wastage in gold coin when we bought some jewels...

Let me clear you, When we buy gold coins itself there is a wastage not while returning it in the same store...

If u still have doubt just call the jewler shop and ask your doubt will be cleared..