1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where is this nice guy

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Dec 21, 2014.

1. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

not sure how much relevant it is here. But, willing to share that incident here. One day, we were having our lunch in our office and then one guy starts telling us that his wifey manages the whole cooking, all by herself. In fact, his friends call him lucky because his wife does all that stuff without even asking for his help whereas their own wives ask them to help "in the kitchen." This guy was feeling proud because his friends called him "lucky" and that he was way above others' subduing status. Looking at his personality, I was sure he is not one of those who is a helpful soul to his wife in the kitchen.

1 person likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Coolsandy,

Thank you for mentioning the discussion that happened in your office. Since when the men who are not helpful and considerate to women are considered lucky? A true gentleman is one who is always willing to help the spouse in all aspects of life. It is not important whether the wife expects the husband to help or not. The husband should volunteer to help the wife all the time.

I have also heard many times from the husbands that they help whenever guests are visiting. Many actually help after they retire. A few others claim that the wives don't like their interference in the kitchen. I believe the husbands should learn how to do it neatly and should help the wives throughout their married life without waiting for retirement and not necessarily when they are having guests.

Undoubtedly, a helping husband is much appreciated by their spouses.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  3. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

actually, I think I have come across such colleagues more than I can think of. Never gave it a serious thought, but I just concluded "they might be the perfect husbands for their resp wives but I wouldn't want such one."

Yet another incident: Erstwhile AP's cuisine calls for lot of green chillies/red chillies and almost nine out of ten people would love to eat hot, spicy food. There was this colleague who gets his lunch packed from home. One day, after finishing off his meals, there were a few chopped green chillies left in his curry box. And he was proudly showing it off to another colleague, "see, I don't tell my wife that the curry had more chillies today. I just leave these chillies as it and she would get the hint. That is how I control her". To which the other colleague laughed and said, "these women... huh.. they should be treated like that only".. whatever... I hated to be in their company since then. But, since they were teammates, I had to survive them.

P.S: I might post such incidents as and how I recollect... or should I leave it? :p

1 person likes this.