Where is the humanity?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by uma321, Jul 13, 2013.

1. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

It was a long queue to ladies bathroom in a public park. It was a famous one and there was only one ladies bathroom. There were at least 30 people in the queue when I joined. An Indian lady was before me and she spoke the same language as mine (found out when she talked over the phone). Let’s call her XXX.

Few mins later, XXX started calling her friend and kept asking her to come. After so many calls, her friend came and joined the queue (her friend’s name is Sumathi). By then at least 20 more people were behind us.
    Since I didn't see her friend in the queue, I asked XXX whether her friend was already in the queue. She said "no". But I hold a spot for her. I asked XXX, does it mean you're not going? She said "no i'm going. But I also hold a spot for her". I just let it go because it's not worth arguing.

Few mins after that, a lady was pushing a handicapped child in a wheelchair (I think it's her mother). It looked like the child was immediately wanted to go to the rest room. Everyone let her move forward in the line (by then, the line was LONGER. At least 30 would have been behind me). But XXX didn't let her pass. Only two people can stand side by side in the path. XXX literally blocked the pathway. They kept asking her if she can move. But she didn't. When the lady pat on XXX shoulder and asked her if she could move, this arrogant XXX told her "you have to wait in line". She didn't let her move until the end.

She pestered her friend and asked her to join the line when XXX clearly knew so many people are waiting in the line. Why can't she let a handicapped child use the restroom before her? It’s not like she was one going next? Where were at least 10 people before her.

Even the ladies before her asked if she can move. XXX just smiled. Finally, the child used the restroom after them. I won't forget that child's face. It was red and she was about to cry.

Why do some people have to be a b***h? Why don't they have some humanity? So, they think it won't bite them back?

What do you ladies think? I tried to think from XXX’s perspective. I’m not able to validate her actions. She was arrogant and selfish.

I really don’t care what she did to me. It’s a simple act and I can wait 5 more mins. But what she did for the handicapped child is unforgivable. I’ve never seen someone being so self centered.

2. GodIsOne

GodIsOne Gold IL'ite

Forget a handicapped child...I think any child should be allowed. A child usually doesn't realize that they need to pee until they are the verge of it.

Shame on that lady! Some people are examples of how one should not live and she belongs to that category!

3 people like this.
  3. CHINCHILLA

CHINCHILLA Gold IL'ite

omg.. I can't believe this. What was that xxx thinking?

4. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Yes. I couldn't forget the incident and it keeps coming in my mind.

5. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

Stupid lady. As godisone said she is an example of how one should not live.

1 person likes this.
  6. sarada30

sarada30 Platinum IL'ite

very bad and heart crying incident if i were you i would have insulted the xxx for not allowing that poor girl but wanted her friend to join in middle....................

hate this kind of low minded ppl

7. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Sharada,
    There were 2 ladies with the kid. If they had confronted xxx, I would have supported them at any cost. Unfortunately, they didn't want to confront her.

I'm sure GOD will give her for what she did.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sometimes, when you know that raising your voice would help, it is better to do our bit, rather than being silent. since the xxx was speaking your language, you could have just told her, " that child needs to use the @@@, so i am sure we are all good humans, so please let the child go."

the ladies accompanying the kid would have faced other situations like this and would have resorted to adjusting to the situations.

i am surprised there was no toilet for the handicapped..and then i also know that we have a large number of mentally handicapped who will not think twice before using the same, be it toilets, bus seats or parking.

Some people have stopped being humane and are just human..so humanity is something that they are not familiar with.

I believe in this.
    .. I see that in all the rest of the people in the queue who wanted the c hild to go first. so humanity is something that cannot be lost, yes it becomes invisible at most times.

1 person likes this.
  9. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Shanvy,
    When her friend joined the queue, I confronted her and this lady was so arrogant to me. I didn't explain the whole conversation. It's impossible to convince them that they're doing wrong and/or they need to let the kid go. It's not that they don't know all these good and bad. It's just that they are totally self centered and don't care damn even if their act hurt others.

I just cannot argue with people who don't want to listen. I'll start thinking about the next best option.