1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where Is Mommy - Short Story

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by sumalynux, Jan 25, 2019.

1. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

I discharged my wife from hospital. Her parents stayed with us. So I started going to office after two days.

My phone rang

"Harish please come home soon, Amulya is behaving differently. She is talking to herself, pretending to feed baby. " It was Amulya's dad.

I reached home in 30mins.

"My baby are you hungry, let me feed you." Amulya was pretending to feed and her hands was pating in the air.

"Amulya your baby is dead. Please stop. Don't scare me" said Amulya's mom. She saw me and went out. Her eyes were filled with water.

"She's doing like this from morning. We are scared" Please take appointment let's take her to physcatrist said her dad pleading at me.

"Yes. Don't worry. I will take care. You guys please take rest." I assured her dad and Went inside.

I gently stroked her hair and asked "Amulya, what are you doing. We lost our baby. Please be brave. We will definitely have baby soon"

"Harish, my baby is here. He's crying so much. Am not getting much milk. What should I do. Cried Amulya.

I felt so sad seeing her like this. After all she went through so much to conceive this baby. 5years of fertility treatment and finally she was pregnant. We were all so happy.

Everything was shattered that day.She gave birth to a still born baby at 7months.

Doctor prescribed her some anti depression tablets and asked me to take her on trip for change of environment.

"I think she will be normal only when she has a baby of her own. There are embryos frozen from your last procedure right. Can she conceive from that." Asked her parents.

"Yes we can try. But let her recover. We can think about it after couple of months" I said

Though Amulya was little OK, she always seemed to be in her own world. Dint talk much to anyone.

Finally after 3 months I decided to go ahead with Frozen embro transfer. Amulya showed interest in procedure and luckily she was able to conceive.

We were very careful this time. Our doctor monitored more often this time. Her mom ensured she's always with Amulya.

It was a very smooth pregnancy and Amulya gave birth to a baby girl.

Everyone was very happy..

Amulya's mom stayed with her for 3months and returned back to their town. I hired a full-time maid to help Amulya.

After promotion as manager I had to travel a lot and was very busy.

Amulya always used to buy 2 toys, 2 dresses, and even while feeding she had 2 plates.

When asked she used to tell, this is for our son Arav. I ignored as she was normal otherwise..

Even maid once complaint
    "Saab, didi will keep talking to someone even when pinky is sleeping or playing outside. "

I told maid we lost our son in still birth and Amulya sometimes imagines he's alive.

It was pinky's 4th birthday...

Amulya's dad was helping me with arranging snacks table and table for cake cutting.

"Balloons started popping one by one. Pinky don't pop the balloons. It's for birthday party. After the party you can pop them" I said angrily arranging the table.

"Papa it's not me. It's Arav." Said pinky

I was stunned. " What are you saying pinky. There is no Arav. You go get ready now. Your friends will be here any minute. "

I got angry on Amulya.

" Uncle even now She keeps talking about Arav even now she thinks her still born baby is alive and he's with us. Because of her, even pinky imagines Arav is her brother and keeps talking to herself as though she's talking to her and plays with him. "

"Hmm don't worry, we will take her with us. Let her stay with us for sometime. Anyway pinky has summer holidays. My friends son is a famous physiatrist. He's practising in our town. He will be able to help her" said Amulya's dad.

Next day I arranged taxi for Amulya and her parents and pinky.

After a long time I was alone at home. I had beer and ate chicken Biryani which I got parcel from Naidu's Biryani. I started watching TV.
    Suddenly I heard a noise.. It was from pinky's room. I went to her room and saw a black figure sitting on bed hiding it's face in pillow. I heard a feeble crying noise.

I got scared.. I gathered courage and went bit closer and asked

"who.....who is it..

It's me Arav. Where is mommy"..

THE END

I have written long stories. This is my first short story. Was little difficult to capture the scenario and things in one episode. Let me know the feedback. Wondering if I should stick to long stories. Honest feedback please.

Other stories

Story 1: Love/FamilyDrama Story : Where Is My Prince Charming

Story 2: Detective/Whodunnit Story: So who Killed her ???

Story 3: Horror Story : I Am Waiting For You....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2019
    Amica, Cool10, Adharv and 14 others like this.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I quite liked it...

Prefer short stories to long ones..
    Was bit scared in the end :)

sumalynux likes this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Good one. I prefer both.

sumalynux likes this.
  4. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

Well done Suma! I had goosebumps several times!:yikes:

sumalynux likes this.
  5. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

sumalynux likes this.
  6. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Nice one! Long / short anything is fine as long it's horror/ thriller
    My cousin mil lost a baby in 3 days after birth. She would buy dress for her on occasions. For our wedding my mil gave dress for cousin mil family. The same night in my mil dream the baby asked dress. My mil bought dress and gave it to less fortunate people. Reminds me of that.

sumalynux likes this.
  7. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Loved it..Catchy title as well

sumalynux likes this.
  8. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Thank u @anika987 for the first feedback. Am glad you liked it.

Happy to know that it was bit scary in end. I intended to write short horror story not too scary but a bit thriller kinda that's y dint include too much paranormal things. Happy it came out ok.

anika987 likes this.
  9. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Hi Op,

Loved it. I prefer short storyies. Good writing, good caption.

sumalynux likes this.
  10. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Oh Poor Arav.. So sad! He is crying for Mommy!

sumalynux likes this.