1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where Is Life Going....

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Kokila1980, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Kokila1980

Kokila1980 New IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

I really don't know how to start... in brief...

We were 5 siblings I am 4th one, one elder brother... two elder sister and one younger brother.

I lost my Dear Dad (the whole world to me) when I was 19. I am married with 2 kids, my husband is a family friend...(love marriage) but too much of difference after marriage....managing to continue..

All of sudden from 2010 tragedy started I lost my sister (heart attack), 2011 my elder brother (heart attack), 2012 my younger brother (was addicted to alcohol, he was just 29) and after that my mom in 2014 (suffered like hell with lung failure) :(. Me and my elder sister have to face all this...with heavy hearted.

Till today we are unable to come out of this, I saw my mom leaving this world in front of me... she was bed ridden for 6 months, couldn't see her suffering.... which is still in front of my eyes.

My elder sister is my second mom who is my back borne from young... she takes care of my kids... as I don't have any other support.

I have become very emotional, scared, always worried about all small things... even if my kids get fever... my mind things only negative things. no peace of mind... always thinking about one or the other things happened and get in to too much thoughts and finally I am upset.

My husband was very supportive during the worst time. but I am not happy the way he behaves... bcos the kind of love I was getting from my family is completely missing. He is not a caring kind of person... he says it is within... he doesn't want to act and show that he loves me. He supports me in all house hold work, daily drops / picks me to/from my office. But don't like to come out anywhere, want to be at home...he says you carryon, gives money...don't spend time to kids etc.,

I feel very down and argue saying my life is miserable and the quarrel begins....with all non-sense.

Why all this happens? fate? had a big and lovely family, now where I am... what to do etc.,

My Kids are my life now... I push myself to live for their sake. I am always down with neck pain, both hands are weak... even cooking is very difficult I cannot explain the pain it causes me... it is hell.

I want to vent out my problems and need some suggestions to change myself.

Sorry for the long post...please excuse me

2. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

I can empathize with you, for your personal losses... you mentioned about neck pain and weak hands, if you have a medical problem than take treatment for it....you have to come out of your self-pity mode for sake of your kids...

Your husband is not same person as your family, his way of showing love would be different than your family...dont compare these 2 with each other...From your description, he seems to be a nice and caring person. Its just that he enjoys being at home. There are many people like that. Marriage is about adjusting to each other nature. .he helps you in every situation, care enough to drop you and pick you, these kind of gestures will go long way in road of life than going out and enjoying....

for outings talk to him and negotiate with him for frequency of outing where you both will go out, may be once a month or 2 month or 3 month...persuade him, lure him, ask for his preferences, do things what he likes....may be he develops some kind of liking for outings when he goes out with you once a while....be lovey dovey with him.... if he doesnt show his care, you show your love and care to him....

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    dc24 likes this.
  3. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,

I am sorry for your loss. It is very hard to experience these kind of things. But you cannot do anything except accepting the fact and moving on.

You have a sister, Husband & kids, atleast for their sake you have to change yourself.

First of all, go and see a doctor and go for a complete health check up. Follow the doctor's suggestions and use the medicines if the doctor prescribes any.

Also it is better to go for a counselling. It will help you to recover fast.

As for your husband, you have to appreciate him for whatever help he is providing to you. Every one is not same, and every one cannot express their love & affection in the same way. He may not be verbally expressing that, for he is trying his best to express that in the form of helping you. So try to see the positive angle and appreciate whatever your husband is doing.

Most important, go and see a doctor ASAP.

dc24 likes this.
  4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@Kokila1980, please accept my sincere condolences for your losses.

You sound understandably depressed and in need of medical help. Do see a doctor ASAP.

rachaputi and jskls like this.
  5. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

I am very sorry for your losses. It is hard when you lose your family, and in such quick succession. But you have to come out of it. The first step is to have gratitude for what you do have.

Now, from your maternal home, you have only your sister. Bond with her. Be greatful for the sister you have. If you mourn about people who have gone, where is the time for you to treasure those who are alive and with you? I read somewhere, you cannot start a new chapter in your life, if you keep re-reading the old ones. It makes perfect sense. Let the past go. Your mourning is not going to bring them back.

You DH is your DH. His love different from your mother's love, your father's love, your sister's love and your brothers' love. Every kind of love has it's place, trying to fit one in the place of other is futile. It will never happen and to top it, you are not able to enjoy his kind of love either. He is there with you, treasure him. Accept his love in his way and let him know you love him too. Be greatful for your DH

Your children are depending on you. You have to be strong for their sake. In your grief, you neglecting their needs for a happy, peaceful childhood. An unhappy childhood will affect their psyche, whether or not, it is obvious. Let this grief end with you. Enjoy their childhood. They will grow up pretty soon. Treasure them.

As for your health issues, it is most likely a result of your mental and emotional state of mind. Change that and you will heal, physically and mentally. Go to a doctor in the meantime, get it checked out.

Good Luck. Practice Gratitude

dc24 likes this.
  6. Kokila1980

Kokila1980 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for all your good notes and advice...

I am actually trying my best to come out of these things...

My big problem is me... i think too much, worry too much, get tensed too much.....which i don't like and does not want to be like this... but i think i am completely tuned to this kind of mentality...which i want to change...

Thanks again,

7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Your tension and your worry is very normal. Your tragedy was too huge to accept and have control with. I know your mind is elsewhere. It takes time, and sometimes it is better to get some professional help to heal.
    PTSD is very common now a days.

Take care of your health. Meditate and participate in mind changing programs like Yoga.

8. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I feel sorry for your losses.
    I think you underwent a lot and you need counselling to come to terms with reality. Go to a doctor get full medical health checkup and follow the instructions. Take professional help and bounce back to life.

Amica likes this.
  9. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

Your problem is that tragedy has struck for you one after the other, there by leaving no room for any positive thoughts. You should not let your personal tragedies seep into your family life. Your husband is actually very supportive from your description. Just pray and hope that everything will be alright. In any case, if something has to happen, your depression, frustration or worry will not solve the problem or prevent anything from happening. Just enjoy the moment and live in the moment. Don't think about tomorrow. It is natural to get the feeling that if you enjoy and take it easy, things may turn bad, but that is just a belief, a mental block, that's all. Try to be happy.

10. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kokila, what you have described is indeed a very painful series of events that would be deeply distressing for anyone. I am sorry that you have to suffer through all that. However, my aim in writing this reply is something more immediate.

I would strongly encourage you to seek medical attention, from someone who is familiar with the inheritance patterns of cardiovascular disease. It is unusual for two siblings to be struck down with a heart attack at a young age. It may simply be a statistical anomaly; but then again, there are certain cardiac illnesses that have a genetic component and run in families (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy for example). Please collect all information you can obtain on your mother's illness; for example, cardiomyopathy can lead to fluid accumulation in the lung - so what seemed to you to be a lung ailment could have other underlying causes. Also, what was your father's illness?

Please see a physician right away. Cardiovascular disease can be managed if discovered early. I know this might sound alarming to you, but if this note motivates you to see a physician, then I would still consider my intrusion somewhat justified. In situations that are overwhelming, such as yours, it is often a good idea to first focus on things within your locus of control. So, go see your doctor right away. Take steps to ensure that you are, and stay, well.

Good Luck!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    Amica and Laks09 like this.