1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where is justice

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

September 11, 2001

The terrorists hijacked four American planes out of Boston Logan International Airport, Washington Dulles International Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport and three of them hit two World Trade Centers and Pentagon killing nearly 3,000 innocent lives. This terrorist action changed the world forever. United States declared war against terrorism, an enemy organization called Al-Qaeda that doesn’t fight the battle face to face. The American intelligence was very successful in finding and killing several terrorists since then but it took 10 years for them to find and kill the founder of Al-Qaeda.

May 2, 2011

Two stealth helicopters consisting of trained American Seals team under the orders of the President of the United States flew from Afghanistan into Pakistan territory for nearly an hour and thirty minutes to reach Abbottabad in Pakistan. The President, Vice President, Secretary of State and many other major cabinet members watched the action live from the White House. Finally, a voice said “Geranimo- E KIA” as a code word for informing the President that the world’s most wanted terrorist was killed in action. The President of the United States and his cabinet called several governments informing them about this and finally, the President spoke to the people of the United States to inform about the military action. The Pakistan Government was unaware of the intrusion into their territory until after the action was completed as the stealth helicopters were designed not to be visible to the radar and also flew at an altitude closer to the ground to make it not visible to the radar.

May 23, 2012

Dr. Shakil Afridi, a physician who was instrumental in helping the American intelligence to identify OBL in Abbottabad by conducting a fake polio vaccination drive to take the DNA from the children living in the very same building where OBL lived for 5 years, was sentenced to 33 years of rigorous imprisonment, besides a fine of Pakistani Rupees 320,000. He was accused of conspiring to wage war against Pakistan. He was not even given a chance to defend his case. He was asked to come to a commission earlier where he confessed that he worked along with CIA to find OBL. Later the court decided on its own without Dr. Shakil Afridi being present at any stage of the hearing.

United States is fighting through its diplomatic effort to release Dr. Shakil Afridi so that he could fly to the United States. How is it fair to punish someone for helping to find the most wanted terrorist in the world? How can anyone consider Dr. Shakil Afridi to have waged war against Pakistan? He helped find a terrorist who conducted terrorism throughout the world including in Pakistan. If anyone needs to be punished, it should be the people who helped this terrorist to settle down in the heart of Abbottabad for 5 years.

A good government should stand above the politics and relationship between nations and needs to see the situation purely on humanitarian ground. Dr. Shakil Afridi, being a Pakistan citizen, did what a human being should do to prevent a terrorist attacking many other innocent civilians. Using this situation for political gains is absolutely deplorable. As a matter of fact, he has helped CIA complete a mission that Pakistan Government could not accomplish. It took 10 years for the good to prevail over the evil thanks to that wonderful man called Dr. Shakil Afridi but it took just 1 year for Pakistan government to put him behind bars. Where is the justice in this world?

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

This is really a rare topic that is being touched here viswamitra sir.

You have bought out the points very well. The action of Pakistan Government clearly shows who is backing OBL. God only knows, now whether Dr. Shakil Afirdi will ever come out alive.

In today's world & governance, who ever have power & authority can do anything & everything. It is till the time you have chance, do whatever you want.

These kind people forget the cases of the same OBL (who has been killed and not even had a cremation) and Suddam hussain and the fates they ended up with.

3. Viswamitra

Thank you for your thoughts on the subject and feedback. There are many more who allegedly continue to live inside Pakistan safely including people who were responsible for Mumbai attack. Pakistan Government, if they would like to oppose terrorism in any form, needs to do a lot more to command respect from the international community.

Viswa

4. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Well. Your question has no answer yet, Sir. But I hope that there will be one in the long run. Also, I do not believe that the US is as white as it tries hard to show to the world. True that it allows any 'alien' [they do not call us foreigners, alas! stranger are their ways] to come, settle down and have a future, which is wonderful, they too play foul in nemerous instances, Sir. I don't want to list them here, but still firmly believe in the Karma theory. Sorry if this hurts you. -rgs

5. Viswamitra

Dear RGS,

I appreciate your comments and feedback to this blog. I consider immigration into the United States is one of its major strength. The whole country is built based on this wonderful concept for more than 250 years. I totally understand you don't have to agree with my views and I also respectfully disagree with you. Every government has strange foreign policies that affects them in different ways. No government is exception to the rule. I have met many people who don't agree with US foreign policies and you are not the first one. Nothing you say will hurt me as each one is entitled to an opinion.

Viswa