Where in Chennai to purchase South Indian Bridal Jewel Sets n silk sarees?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by keerthi2, Jul 28, 2011.

1. keerthi2

keerthi2 New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I am new to this forum. My name is Keerthi and I am from Singapore. I will be getting engaged next February in Singapore itself. I am planning to come to Chennai to purchase my engagement silk saree and jewels. I have never been to Chennai before and would be gd if anyone in Chennai could help me. Things which I am planning to get are pattu sareers with stonework within chennai itself and bridal wedding sets that are imitation and in full white stones (with vangi,necklace,vaddanam etc). have attached a sample.Please do suggest me some shops which I can go to find these things. Also do anyone knows what is the name of the earring that covers the whole ears?

Hoping somebody could help as I will be coming down in October.

Thanks in Advance.

best regards,
    Keerthi

jewelset495_full.jpg

2. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Hi Keerthi....
    First of al,many congrats to you.
    You can check out for very good silk sarees in popular stores like Kumaran, Chennai Silks, Pothys, Nalli in T.Nagar. Even RMKV has a very good collection. Silk sarees embedded with stones and even Swaroski crystals are very much in fashion.
    As for bridal wedding jewellery sets, there are lots of shops in T.Nagar and Pursaiwalkam. The range is vast and you can get acoording to your budget. You can buy your silk saree and then hunt for a matching set.
    Good Luck..

3. keerthi2

keerthi2 New IL'ite

thank you so much for the reply. :) so they do sell silk sarees with stones on the shelves n there is no need to order?

Keerthi

4. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Keerthi advance wishes to you.

You can check in Pothys for both sarees and imitation jewels.

5. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Dear Keerthi2,

You do not have to order separately for a stone-embellished saree. The collection is wonderful at this time of the year.....with Diwali appraching you will have a good variety to choose from.