1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where have all the goodies of yesteryears gone ?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I am surprised since we havebeen blogging for more than 3 weeks now !
    Yo have made a nice analysis & very rightly also !
    But sometimes, I feel with "limited scope" (or exposure?), we enjoyed life more - or is that purely my imagination?shakehead
    Thanks for joining here, Gayu.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. gayu_r

gayu_r Senior IL'ite

Yes manni it is my maiden.. i totally agree with this statement, it is not your imagination - I remark to my husband so many times, " those days we had no emails, no cellphone, no cable tv, no flight trips, no medical insurance and NO complaints :) " I will keep my eyes open to these blogs, they are really nice.

Affly,
    Gayu

3. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitvish
    Your post was wondeful.You really made my mouth water.Sitting here in Abudhabi has made long for those traditional food items.I really try to make an effort to make these items at home though the results are disasterous some times.Then comes the reply from my daughter who loves good bakshnams,ma why don't you buy from GSS...........

4. Chitvish

Sometimes, I even feel that shops like GSS have spoilt us, by offering everything as if "on a plate" !
    I think, by the time GSS came into existence, I had becme fairly confident to make sweets !
    Not that I have never gone there !
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Hamsadhwani

Hamsadhwani Senior IL'ite

i was catching up with IL after a long time. I enjoyed your write up on Mylapore as well.

6. Chitvish

Hamsadhwani, welcome to My Blogs !
    It ios nice to receive your feedback & I am happy you enjoyed these topics!
    Thanks.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra Ma'm,
    I believe festivals add colour to our lives and bakshanams is an integral part of of it.It is ver necessary to pass on this form of relaxation to next generation, by setting an example.My mom made everything at home ,So i'm making it too.My daughter was more interested in distributing sweets than eating it.She thoroughly enjoyed showing off whatever her mother has made.It also gives an oppurtunity for all family members to participate and even have fun over the culinary misadventures.
    Love,
    Damini

8. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Devamruthama irukku kekkave!! list! Deepavalinna laddu mixture illama irundade illai.. ammavathulayum seri, kalyanam aagi inga vandappurammum seri! even though i try other varieties, deepavali has to have laddu mixture always for me. very nice blog, wonderful traditions carried through.
    I make my kids eat everything I cook but somehow their favorite indian food remains to be paruppu sadam with nei and thayir sadam and potato roast. So i am happy atleast this they love. Other than that its pizza which makes the no. 1 list however you put it!!!
    Aparna