Where do you stay in Singapore? Shall we meet?

Discussion in 'Indians in Singapore' started by peekyboo, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Re: "Chitvish is coming to Sunny Singapore...Dear SingILites!"

Dear Vijee,

Signed in after a long time, And your post 'Chitvish is coming to Sunny Singapore', really caught me. Do count me in the meeting list.
    Well, as sumitra (sumibala) mentioned Sentosa is a very good spot to meet<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> :thumbsup<v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype> but I feel the only problem is rain! As you know it's been raining (here) continuously for a week...hope for the best & let her arrival bring 'Sun-light' to us.
    Regarding food, I would personally suggest ' pot- luck'. Definitely, I am sure she will prefer home food than the 'high-class menu of the high -class restaurant'. So, let us count ahead & you take the lead by allocating menu(s), time & venue. Lets the thing happen...I am eagerly looking forward to meet her.

By the way, Sumitra (sumi bala here) is a very good, cheerful & a lively person. She is a good singer too:hide:...so don’t leave her

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  2. Ramya2912

Ramya2912 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vijee,

I am fine.I have been logging on and off to check out the forums but didn't post anything as my son is down with flu and he is clinging to me though i get time to view but the time is not enough to gather my thoughts to put in a post..but when i saw that chitra mami is coming, i just wanted give a warm welcome to her...and i have marked 21 sep in my calender and i will try my best to make it...And my suggestion for meet up we can got to ecp where we have lot of place for our kids to play and eatouts as well and if weather permits we can relax at the beach too...or clarke quay..

3. sumibala

sumibala New IL'ite

First let me start with poorima, Thanks for ur appreciation and motivation. We shall all catch up and chat chat on sept 21st. LK fwd to see u in person.

Vjee.. I was checking for ur post from yesterday... good to see ur reply... As mentioned if mami can spend 2-3 hrs then, we have to organise a lunch party in some nice place .As anu said let us count the no of persons who are willing 2 attend.. and hw we are going 2 do abt ( i mean the financial aspect). so as u being the senior elite we ahev left the decision 2 u.

Anu,
    U have flattered me too much... thanks yaar... Reg pot-luck no doubt is the best option 2 Homely - I know u r queen in orgainsing Pot- Luck ..I have heard so much from malthy abt ur pot-luck parties.To my opinion let us all have change yaarrr.. same old athu sambar, rasam... 2 bored anu..if not for chitra mami , we should all go out and have nice gala time...-

Shall speak 2 u soon. Hope everything is okie otherwise..U know something there is some free bhagan classes for childrens in our area orgainsed by chinmaya assocaition.. if interested let me give u the address...

I used to go out very frequently to resturants but now life has changed after krtin's birth.

Take care all,Have a great weekend..
    sumi

4. SBRose

SBRose Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vijee

Lunch party will be g8 !

To start with, i suggest you get the list of attendees confirmed..

Is it possible for you to send email to all the Sing ILites to confirm if they are joining the meet and if so, if they can volunteer in arranging the party ? If you can get volunteers confirmed, they can PM and do the needful, instead of discussing only.

I am not sure if u have the sing ILites email ids (as a moderator, hopefully u can get it). Or else u may have to start another thread To confirm the List of attendees.

Based on the head count, we can decide whether we can book a hall with food catering / arrange for buffet lunch. I guess it will be a pure vegetarian party bonk

5. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Anu

I wasgoing to pm you this evening since I see that you haven't logged in for some time now and so wanted to convey the news to you. And I definitely counted you as one in the list.

Food-in my opinion, pot luck needs time for cooking then wrapping up, etc etc and we need some place to meet also, given the number of ILites in the meet. So I thought a restaurant would be fine, be it high class or not. A decent place will do (in my opinion) I know that you are a very good party organiser(from Ramya's Birthday thread) but we all dont have your virtues dear. Please we need a good organiser here.

And already Chitvish is visiting sentosa on the 19th, so I would rule out the place and also partially because of the wet weather.

Can please list out some places of your choice to have lunch?

6. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Ramya

Hope your son is doing fine now.
    Thanks for your suggestions too. We will fine tune it .

quote=Ramya2912;405233]Hi Vijee,

I am fine.I have been logging on and off to check out the forums but didn't post anything as my son is down with flu and he is clinging to me though i get time to view but the time is not enough to gather my thoughts to put in a post..but when i saw that chitra mami is coming, i just wanted give a warm welcome to her...and i have marked 21 sep in my calender and i will try my best to make it...And my suggestion for meet up we can got to ecp where we have lot of place for our kids to play and eatouts as well and if weather permits we can relax at the beach too...or clarke quay..[/quote]

7. theartisticone

theartisticone Gold IL'ite

hey Sudha,
    I absolutely agree with u on this one- once we get the no of participants confirmed, we can decide whether we r going to get food catered or the other obvious choice is a restaurant- if the no of people is a decent one we possibly could reserve the restaurant for a couple of hrs! whatever the decision count me in! as u said, vijee could possibly get hold of all the participant's email as a moderator!
    su.

8. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Sumi

Hope you will sing some songs for us that day!

Well I will start a thread to count the list of attendees. Being a senior ILite has got nothing to do with anything. we all have our opinions and all counts in making this meet a success. So it is a discussion dear, not decision.

See you soon.

9. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Catering is one good idea if we are meeting in a beach/park. But again it needs much of effort in choosing the menu to suit everybody's taste and the tension...until the party ends...My nerves will wreck!. Then there is this after party handing over the party things back to the caterers......We do not have time dear. So my choice is a restaurant where we do not need to worry about things like that.
    We will budget once the restaurant is finalised.

I am starting a thread to find the number of attendees for the meet.

10. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

IL meet in Singapore on 21st September!

Dear SingILites,

We are meeting up on the 21st of September and the chief guest is none other that our IL hall of Fame Mrs Chithra Vishwanathan. Hope we all will have a grand time meeting each other in person with our families! I kindly request you to add your names for logistic purposes. The place will be decided soon.

1. Myself