1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

where do you buy your kid's clothes?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by shravanthika, Oct 24, 2007.

1. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

Re: kids garments

hi jey,
    you can try sri krishna collections in panagal park they have quite a good collection as well!!!
    regards
    pavi

2. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Try Flora in Tnagar, opp Balaji Bhavan, even the one opposite naidu hall is good. Its good too. They have good cotton stuff. I picked a couple of suits for my baby girl from RMKV too once. Did you check out Spencer's, Lifestyle? The one at Mayajal when I went recently had good ones for kids.

Have you tried in the Tirupur outlets? I buy really good ones for my baby girl from them in Pondy, they have unique collection suiting the foreginers there, so its a kind of decent and has a class. But be sure you dont pop into those that put a sale where they sell clothes in Kilos...I am talking about the exclusive ones. I dont know where in chennai you have this type of shops. But if you go to Pondy anytime, you can get some good ones there in 'Cotton World' in Nehruji Road.

Just keep buying when and where you find a good one. That is also another way of getting good stuff as you wont find a lot at one go in one shop.

Happy Shopping
    Poornima.

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Poorni,

Can you please give me the address for Tirupur outlets? I used to buy at Crystal showroom in Bangalore but now my parents have moved back to Chennai. I found the quality excellent (export surplus). If you get to know the address in Chennai please let us know. .

Jeyanthi,

For day-to-day use cotton world is ideal. We pick up stuff from Fashion folks in Besant nagar (very near avvai home school in Karpagam gardens). Good quality. I prefer this place over life style or globus. But the only problem is they have very limited choice (export surplus).

Latha

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

hi,

Other than Nh & Globus, the next best choice is Flora. And i have seen a special outlet for kids by Nalli. Itz quite behind the main "Nalli" showroom, infcat the back entrance leads to this outlet.I havent been there since 2 yrs, so i cannot guarantee you, if possibe try that. Heard Sri Krishna is good. Pothys & Chennai Silks do have but i am not satisfied with the quality they give.

Have you been to purasaiwalkam, if so check for the plaza opp to "Abirami Mega Mall" also try "Vikiki Complex" in purasai.

Next to NHall there s a shop called KrishnaTulasi, he does have good collections.

Whatever be the list my choice is NH alwayz.

Happy Shopping. Bye.

5. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

On a similiar subject any ideas for ethnic/party clothes for boys (my son's first bday is in 2 mnths time) in Chennai? I will be going there in a week's time and would love some input from you all. Thanks.

Vanathi.

6. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Jey,
    You can try Fast Fashions near Beasant Nagar beach.

Dear Vanathi,
    You can try Textile India, they have good stuff in party wear.
    Other than that Pothys' and RMKV from where I bought gifts, seems a good choice.
    I know a lady who makes custom made clothes for girls, but I not know if she will make for boys.

7. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Janani - where is Textile India? And do you know if there are any options other than kurta/pyjama type clothes for boys? All the little boys i've seen in those seem so..oo uncomfortable!

Vanathi.

8. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Vanathi,
    Textile India is in Renganathan Street. Other than Kurta Pyjama you can check out, jeans and t-shirt with a jacket check out Fashion folks though not for the party to change after that, their stuff is smart.You wanna try dhoti and shirt, there are readymade ones that fit kids, Sherwani seems the ultimate choice nowadys I can think of suit but it can get stuffy for Aadhu. If I can think of something else then will post. Do feel free to ask away.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  9. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Hey Jeyanthi

I dont know where you stay. But Dwi at Alwarpet ( opp Sankara Hall) has all kinds of accessories/dresses for upto to a one year old baby and they are GOOD!! try them

cheers

Bhooma

10. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Thanks so much Janani. I'll have a look at kurtas/sherwanis/dhotis and decide I guess. Will definitely let you know what i pick!

Bhooma - Is Dwi only for girls? I have a son and need to buy him a bday outfit.

Vanathi.