Where do we get good homemade Madras sambar powder (local) in Chennai & Bangalore?

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by treenatureindia, Aug 19, 2014.

1. treenatureindia

treenatureindia New IL'ite

Where do we get good homemade Madras sambar powder (good local) in Chennai?
    We tried many sambar powders and puliyogare powders, etc available in the markets for example MTR, Everest, etc but all this don't give good taste. So we want to try good local homemade powders.
    I came to know from my relatives, there is a shop somewhere near Malleswaram, Bangalore who sells good and tasty homemade sambar powders and puliyogare powders, etc but I didn't get the correct address.
    Please give me the name and address and phone no. of the shops in Chennai and Bangalore who sells good homemade Madras sambar powder?
    thanks in advance

2. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Re: Where do we get good homemade Madras sambar powder (local) in Chennai & Bangalor

Have you tried this brand 777 Sambhar Powder ? so far, I have found it the best and closest to home-made sambhar powder and it is easily available in Chennai.

3. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Re: Where do we get good homemade Madras sambar powder (local) in Chennai & Bangalor

Hi,

Why don't you try to grind on your own...you can get the recipe details here in Ask
    Chitvish Thread...

4. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Check Grand Sweets sambar powder, rasam powder etc and pulikachal and thokku and pachadi !

They're good when fresh....

I dont know where you get in Bangalore, but Chennai, there are several branches of Grand Sweets - Adyar, Anna Nagar, West Mambalam

In bangalore, check out Maiyyas...