1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where do u buy them??

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Shilpa77, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Shilpa77

Shilpa77 Senior IL'ite

Hi Buddies!!

Just curious....what stores( like khols, Jcpenny, macys) do u folks use to buy decent outfits, like shirts, tanks,sweaters and what is the your minimum budget for a pant and shirt?
    Let me be the first one..

i generally go to jcpenny/kohls with a budget of 50 dollars. 25 for shirt/25 for pant..

2. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear shilpa,

I normally shop at khols as I get my size there.One more reason being they r reasonably priced also.
    Other than that i go to JCPenny and Macys but my husband has to shop only at Macys,no other place for him:idontgetit:

Suji

3. Indian_Rani

Indian_Rani Junior IL'ite

Macys, JC Penney and Kohls are good stores. I found good clothes for less. Sometimes I even shop at Target.

My favorite stores are Express and The Limited. Their pants are usually $50 -90 but they have sales all the time so u dont have to pay that price. During their sales, I buy pants, shirts, skirts etc... for $20-30 or reasonable prices. Other stores I like are J Crew, Old Navy. I shop there because their style is geared towards 20-somethings. I never buy anything at original price because these places have sales all the time.

I have a similar budget to yours. I wait for sales in these expensive stores and get the better clothes for less. For daily clothes I'm a bargain hunter. But for "investment" pieces such as an interview suit or special occasion dress, I'll spend more. It depends.

Ann Taylor (not LOFT) is a good store for professional looking clothes. They have good interview suits. I bought a interview suit - pants, a skirt and jacket. I hated spending $250 for that set but felt for that occasion it was okay to. I have a good interview suit that would last me for years. Ann Taylor has other clothes and have good deals from time to time. I dont shop there too much because in my opinion their clothes seem to be geared towards older, middle aged women. Their style is conservative.

Ann Taylor LOFT is the same company but its more casual and less expensive than Ann Taylor. I know people who shop there but that is not my style.

4. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    I love to buy from New-York and Company (from store and as well as online) as I get my size from there. But sometimes I used to buy certain formal shirts from Wal-Mart..they are really good and you won't believe the price is mostly below $35. Even, K-Mart and Sears also has reasonably priced clothes.......I mostly buy daily-use/lingeries from there.....
    Even, I brought dresses from TJ-Max, its also good, it is more stylish kind.
    For interview suits, Lord & Taylor has good pieces too.......you can try that......
    I had been to MACY'S only once.....don't know why.......in fact I had presumed that the prices are really high there, so never enter it.......I will definitely go there in my next trip.
    Also, Talboot has very stylish dresses too.......worth trying once......
    Regards,

5. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    I would do most of my shopping in Express as I feel that the fit there is very good esp for pants both formal and casuals. Also I shop in macy's since most of the time some sale or the other goes on there and the work SALE attracts me :queen
    Also I shop in Gap sometimes esp the casuals are good there. Also I go to H&M even though the prices are little bit higher the styles are very different.
    -Priya

6. RamyaParasuram

RamyaParasuram Senior IL'ite