1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where do MIL's come from?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by radhikaaus, Jan 30, 2010.

1. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

Not every Mother in law who faced bad past due to her Mother in law thinks of doing good to her Daughter in law. It depends on nature of people. There are people who have faced bad MIL's and can't think to do good to coming daughter in law just because good did not happen to them. You can call them ,selfish or whatever you want to..but their mentality is such. For example.... its not a mother in law issue.....but to show mentality of people...

My friend used to stay in a flat along with her other friends...rather flatmates as they just met in the flat...... she then recently found her love.... while one of her friend who stayed in same flat had a break up.... The friend who had break up was good lady with everyone else...she was helpful ,kind to others etc etc....but she kind of accused this girl when ever she used to speak on phone/ go out with her boy friend etc etc.....Not that my friend used to ignore her flatmate and completely immerse in love......but she had kind of jealousy...whenever the girl had a plan with her boy friend..she used to pretend severe illness or something...and the girl used to cancel her plans with her boy friend to stay with her....and after say 30 min she used to say now i am fine...and goes out herself for say shopping or something like that.....the feeling of jealousy is out of her control...she herself can't control it...just because she had break up she can't be happy seeing someone who found their love recently and enjoying their life..... But overall she was a good girl and good flatmate to be with.....

They might have guilt in their mind but they won't express it outside...they just feel they are right for the moment...Similarly with some MIL's......

If at all everything was fair enough in this world...we would never have anyyy problems...is'nt it ??..But not everything can be fair in this world :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  2. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

I second you [​IMG]

3. Menku

Menku Junior IL'ite

Hi Girls,

This is an intresting discussion and I do agree that when the time comes we all chnage and poke noses in our kids life... And this is more so in the indian society as compared to the western and also more for people living in india. But what surprises me is that women living outside india also feel the same way, that if they have sons its the son's responsibilty to look aftre the family , and their right to poke noses in thier affairs, what a shame !

Well if you are living in the westren culture try to pick something from this culture....Aussies (cos I live in melbourne) have got their lives sorted as to what are they going to do when their kids move out...they know they will be working voluntarily and paying back to the society, they will be involved in welfare work, will be spending time gadening, visiting places etc etc...what is stopping indian moms from doing all this ?????? Indian parents will be getting social benefits as an aussie would ????? then why make 10 calls to their son in a day and tell ur son how old age is taking its toll on them ???? Doesn't make sense ??? I fail to understand how does having kids make you loose your own identity ??? I fail to understand how does having kids will stop me from doing my leisure activities like reading books, gardening,painting etc etc....Dont we still need our ME TIME to break from that monotenous routine ! I still need ME TIME with my hubby...I need to not see him for few hours so that I can just get on with my stuff......

And as far as the financial security goes ...my inlaws are both working, they have their old age sorted and we don't look up to them for anything ...then why are they always so greedy and why do they always want materialistic things ???? Why do they always expect that my parents should be giving them gifts??? Are my parents not getting old and don't they need any financial and emotional security ???? I have an elder sister and no brother. So if I think the way the entire indian society does then my parents should not b spending a penny on my inlaws cos they dont have a son to look after them in old age....

A classic example is - me and my hubby were planning to move to perth and as everyone does he mentioned this to his parents (I had no problem) and they started off why do u have to move to perth, u have a brother in melb, u have to look after him, He is not settled and blah blah.... now my BIL is a 35 yr old married man, he has got 2 ears, 2 eyes, 2 hands, 2 legs and 1 D***...why does my husband or i need to be responsible for him ??????? If this is not interfrence or brain washing what else is it????

On the contrary whne i mentioned our moving bit to my parents - they said if you think u have better job prospects in perth - have a go !

Now what would all the women say to this ????????

Is this not poking nose and emotionally blackmailing ur son ??? And if someone thinks this is not emotional blackmail and what my inlaws did was correct then I would like to know what rightness anyone sees in it and I would like to know where am I wrong :)

Cheers !

4. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Menku.. ur BIL description was hillarious :biglaugh!!!!
    he has got 2 ears, 2 eyes, 2 hands, 2 legs and 1 D***...why does my husband or i need to be responsible for him ??????? :crazy

I've never included that while desribing anyone..... hehehehehe

MILs seem to be coming from Adam's family & SILs from Dexter's laboratory!!!!!

5. Menku

Menku Junior IL'ite

Hi Shilpa,,

I was laughning too after I had written it :)

But trust me my BIL is bloody so irritating and he is one figity fart that one can come across ...We have got into an argument so many times that its just not funny :) The temprament he has is just so wrong, his fuse goes off every 10 minutes and there is a short circuit like in every 20 min..he's just F***** in his head !

Well another incident - that might make you laugh too - Other day me and my hubby were buying a BBQ for him and my hubby tells me, that his brother will need a gas cylinder for the BBQ ..And I just turned around to him and said why does he need a cycilnder cos he is no less than a cylinder himself, he keeps going off every second ..He can just sit under the BBQ and we all can enjoy HOT FOOD :rotfl

Well I agree MIL'S come from the B***** world and SIL come from super B****** world..I dont have a SIL but I have heard some nasty stories from my friends....

Have a good weekend girl !

Cheers !

6. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Dear Radhika

Please stop thinking its funny to read MIL's Problem, those who are undergoing it only will know the real pain in it,.

I wont agree with you that we DILs are going to be the same future MIL's, If ever I be one, I know I am not going to financialy depend on them, and moreover since most of us are educated and far more independent, we would make a MIL with a difference.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  7. ennaye

ennaye Silver IL'ite

Hi Radhika,

Have not been visiting the site for sometime now , hence missed this thread.

It will take a long time to go through all the posts ( which I will do at leisure), right now I am just wanting to say that I agree with what you have written.

A MIL and a DIL are two sides of the same coin. Today's Dil will be a MIL one day. Just try to remember all the things that you don't like about your MIL today and do not repeat those things when you are a MIL.

And then see if your DIL likes you enough. I can bet she will still find faults with you, because you are her MIL. That sure is funny:rotfl.

How the wheel turns!!!