Where can I get vastharam for Pillayarpatti Vinayagar

Discussion in 'Madurai' started by lvarada, Feb 12, 2008.

1. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ilites,
    I am new to this site and I absolutely love it. We will be travelling to Madurai and from there to Pillaiyarpatti. Can anyone please tell me where I can get vastharam (pattu veshti and thundu) for pillaiyarpatti karpaga vinayagar? Also is pudhu mandapam is the place to buy cast iron vessels?

Regards,
    lvarada

2. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varada ma'am

A Warm :welcome to IL!

There many textile shops near Meenakshi amman temple. Its a big town area. If you go to Chithirai veedhi n ask in any textile shop that you need vasthram for this purpose, they will give you.

In Pudhu Mandapam you can see all types of vessels. You can buy cast iron vessels there. They are good!

Have a nice journey!!

If you dont mind, i can give you some other suggestion too. There is another temple near Pillyarpatti. The place is called Kundrakudi. Its jus a few kms away from Pillayarpatti. U can even go by auto to that place from Pillayarpatti. Kunrakadi Murugan temple is famous! Its on top of a mountain. Now pls dont think it will be hard to climb the steps. It jus takes 10-15 mins to reach the top of the mountain. If you observe clearly, you can see those steps taking the form of Mayil's thogai. People visit Pillayarpatti first, get dharshan of Karpaga Vinayagar n then proceed to Kunrakudi.

Regards:wave
    Meena

3. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

Hi Meena Ma'm,
    Thanks a lot for the warm welcome and the valuable information. We will defintely go to Kundrakudi.

Regards,
    Lalitha