1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

where can i get aluminium sheets in chennai and hyd for metal embossing painting???

Discussion in 'Knitting & Crochet' started by harini1986, Apr 5, 2010.

1. harini1986

harini1986 Junior IL'ite

where can i get aluminium sheets in chennai and hyd for metal embossing painting??? i only find the normal aluminium foil in the stores and they r too thin... pls help/// where can i buy?? what should i ask for?? and what thickness should i buy it??

2. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Re: where can i get aluminium sheets in chennai and hyd for metal embossing painting?

Hi harini,

In Chennai you get good quality aluminiun as well as copper and brass sheets in all guages in Parrys, Kandha swamy Kovil street.(Wholesalers)

Ask for 36 or 38 guage sheet. Easy to work and the effect is great.

3. harini1986

harini1986 Junior IL'ite

Re: where can i get aluminium sheets in chennai and hyd for metal embossing painting?

Hello Ms. SHikambari,

Thanks a lot for the info.. but could u tell me more clearly as to where in parry's?? as in the shop name or something... the reason is i have to send my mom or dad to get me the same. and they would not understand if i don give the address clearly,....i once went to sowcarpet and searched the entire area and found nothing... wat kind of shops sell these sheets?? stationary or hardware??

harini

4. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I am also searching it for a long time. Lot of thanks for posting.

Will u pls tell me how to make embossing? what r all materials required? Will u pls share some model pictures reg.Embossing painting?????:thumbsup

5. bhuvanaprabhu

bhuvanaprabhu Silver IL'ite

Hi

Aluminium sheets are available in Fathima thread stores / Raja thread stores in ranganathan street...

But i dont know whether copper/Brass available.. In case of plain aluminium sheets 36 gauge its available in these stores in Ranganathan street, T.Nagar...

regards
    bhuvanaprabhu