Where can i buy rugs in Chennai?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by sssaustin, May 2, 2008.

1. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Hey...

You can try getting good carpets for your floor from Punjab handloom and Haryana handloom in T.Nagar, Pondy bazaar area. Very near to Geeta cafe. I bought 2-3 for our use. Rate ranges(depending on the size) from Rs.50 to 5000. Try these shops.

2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi,

MA Jacob is known for it, quite costly, still worth it. If you go to parrys corner you plenty of choices, but you should have an idea of the actual cost, so that you are not trapped.Likewise in Spencer plaza there are few shops selling good rugs.In thousand lights, exactly opposite to the bustop there is a shop selling good rugs, not sure about the name.

3. chennai12gal

chennai12gal New IL'ite

I buy in a palce called Tulsis Arterior. they have all types of rugs. Irannian, turkish, kashmiri,etc. Best part is also that they write their prices. its very professional. this is where all the locals do their rug shopping.
    address: No:6, Rutland gate, Nungambakkam, Chennai-600034, ph: 044 28332766

4. nisha74

nisha74 New IL'ite

hi,
    looking at some posts in this thread i visited all the stores mentioned. Ma Jacob, Spencers Plaza, Cottage Industries. etc. Unfortunately non of these stores were any good. They were just trying to fleece you by selling substandard/fake products.
    In the final post someone has recommended a store called "TULSIS ARTERIOR". I went to this store and was pleasantly surprised to see this carpet brand called Rug Weave. They were professional and all their rugs were good. They sold me genuine rugs with certificates.
    Thank you Chennai12gal.friendssmiley