1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where are the Needy and Hungry

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanti,

Here people dont benefit in Tax as all this is done in Cash by the rich Seths.
    You are doing a good thing by educating children of maid etc.Thats a very noble gesture.You are making someone's life better.Mom gives u veda and the kids her blessings and thank all I lites for the same.

she is just going to the orphange to give just now as i am tying this.Thanks.kamal

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

See the orphanages are run by the govt, and they dont ask for cash,as only the govt can renovatre it, not u and me .

There must be poor people in the villages, for whom no one cares really, i can understand, but the ones i have mentioned, they re well fed, so ive moved away.And its good like shanti if we can helf someone we know.Mom gives her blessings to u and yr family sri.Thanks.kamal

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Humera,

After reading yr comments and others, i feel finding a needy is doing as much good, as the giver of money.It is not easy for the giver to find the agenuine case.

As Sudha Murthy said, finding a needy is more difficult than giving away the 5 crores that she has in the kitty.

And cities,they re well taken care of.Maybe old people trhown out of their homes, and such, they would be more deserving to give.Regards.kamal

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Vidya,

Well said.The TV thing u said is so shocking.Hw can they say it is small TV and remote so heavy ? Ingratitude is the word.

Do u know , my maid servants ahve a better TV than mine ? And their brothers a better mobile ?Well well.

As u rightly said, let us do our good deeds, and not harm anyone, rather than charity, which at times can put u off.

I wanted to give my daughter's old clothes to their Convent School where they have around 30 odd christian orphan girls.But the school said the old clothes , must be washed pressed, all buttons intact, and not torn ? Can u imagine they demading ?

Since then i just give to mother Terresa.They accept anything and everything, and are very grateful.We just dump clothes in a suitcase, and they accept so gracefully.No questions asked.

Sad really the ways of the world.Regards.kamal

5. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

dear kamalji,

so how was your mom's birthday...........and the visit to the orphanage

padma

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Padma,

Well we cut the cake, and took outpics.She is a great sport, muy mom.And they went to the orphanage, and gave the goodies, but when asked for clothes, opr any other thing they need, they refused.They have all.

and u have to take appointment to go there, to give, as theyhave a diary more full than any doctors appointments.

So u hve to stand in line to be able to serve, which i cant unfortunately.Regards.kamal

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Heloo Kamalji,
    Great post and most of all i can say at right time..Wondering why..
    I was kind of (duped) by a person at my doorstep on this sunday.He brought many fotos of his blind school proclaiming that there were 15 children..blah blah..I felt pity for those people and gave away my old unused clothes(still in good condition).He asked for some monetary contribution too..but since hubby was not present at home.i did not give any without asking him....And lo.. in the evening i find a huge bundle of clothes lie unattended some metres away from home.. and at a closer look i found out that "those representatives" have dumped the clothes and went away.I guessed that they must have got some monetary contribution from some or the other houses near by,so left the clothes and vanished with just the money...I was shocked by this incident..

As every one has told here already...even i have lost interest in donating money to all this gala homes..instead i give out clothes to my maid/construction workers near by.

8. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

I agree with Jayshree9.When we visit villages the conditions there are so painful.I think people who want to do something should from now start going to the villages.
    But thanks for the article Kamalji,i had no idea abt orphanages.It was an eye opener.Hope ur mom had a joyous birthday.

suji

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Aishu,

That is so sad.Leaving yr sarees,rascals.

Help our own servants and people known to us,who we know are needy.Mom too did not have a very good expierence, she had to take appointment to go there.Who go there at all, when they are well so cared of .Regards.kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Suji,

the birthday at home was good, a cake and pics.And all of us with her.Wonderful.i will post the pics soon, if that dosnt bore readers.The city beggars and orphanages are a lost cause, and as u said , the villages poor are more needy, and deserve to be given our help, not the city people.Regards.kamal