1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When You Are With Me

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Mar 7, 2017.

1. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

I wish relationships can be worked on this easily with conversations in reality

2. Madhumidha

Madhumidha Gold IL'ite

3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Adharv for the feedback

4. blackbeauty84

Thanks..I too love Jai in parenting role

5. blackbeauty84

Mmm..I get you

6. blackbeauty84

Many thanks Madhumidha

7. creativemumma

What happened BB..long time?

8. blackbeauty84

Sorry for a long silence. Lot of issues

9. blackbeauty84

Chapter- 56

When Jai was back from his yoga session he could see Priya had reached the resort and was showing something to the boys in her mobile.

‘I didn’t know you were coming today. Give me a minute.’ Jai said and went inside his room in the cotteage. Jai could hear a video being played.

‘Guys I remember we agreed on no newspapers, no unknown calls, no social medias.’ he asked.

‘You don’t know what’s happening in Evolution Jai. Things are…’ Priya was interrupted by Jai. ‘ I don’t want to know precisely that’s what I came out from.’ He said.

‘Ok your choice. You will know sooner or later.’ She said.

Jai looked at Srikanth who understood his father.’ I know what you are looking at. Me and Priya were decent friends before and I know it’s more with me. Considering I’m going to be in Chennai post my college, things will be better soon.’

‘atlast something good to hear…But what do you mean you will be in Chennai? Have you finally decided to join Evolution?’ Jai asked.

‘Ofcourse. I think you will not have any more reservations since you resigned. ‘ Srikanth said looking at Priya

They got a call from reception and post answering that Vivaan pushed his brothers to get ready. ‘Cycling trip is now. Let’s get ready.’ He pushed his brothers and soon all of them were away for a cycling trip.

Once the boys were away Priya remarked ‘I thought vacation would do you good Jai. But you don’t appear to be in peace. ‘

‘I’m thinking of extending my vacation Priya. I love the yoga sessions here and more over Vijay is coming up here this week for conducting free eye camp. I’m going to volunteer and do the necessary help both financially and physically.’ Jai revealed.

‘I really hope extended vacation helps you Jai.’ Priya said and after few minutes asked Jai’ Don’t you really want to know how things are at Evolution?’

‘I want to but I’m choosing not to hear…’ Jai smiled.

After finishing their Cycling trip, boys were on the way to resort’s hotel. Srikanth who was ahead of his brothers just stopped on track seeing a familiar person.

‘Sriram, Isn’t that your future father in law?’ Srikanth asked.

Sriram chided at his brother.‘Yes. What’s he doing here? Look at who’s sitting at his table?’ he whispered.

‘Isn’t he Guru?.’ Srikath said trying to recollect him.

‘Yes. One of the major investor.’ Sriram responded and before they could discuss on what to do, Vivaan dashed off to buffet area.

Chairman noticed Vivaan and his brothers standing at a distance.

‘ohh..Finally..I was getting tired of waiting.’ Venkat smiled at them. ‘Jaishankar’s boys: Srikanth and Sriram’ he introduced them to Guru.

Chairman took Guru aside ‘Please wait in the conference hall..’

‘Are you not joining for lunch? I’m hungry.’ Vivaan screamed.

‘Coming..’ Srikanth said looking at Chairman’s direction.

When Srikanth and Sriram were sitting for lunch, they noticed Chairman was still talking to Guru.

‘What do we do now? Shall we call dad and inform him. This can’t be a coincidence.’ Srikanth whispered.

Venkat joined at their table ‘I’m waiting for your dad since last two hours…’ he said.

‘You could have visited our cottage instead. By the way how do you know we were here? Did you have Priya followed?’ Srikanth asked.

‘No. Trust me we have means to find out.’ He replied. ‘There is no response from the cottage. Folks in reception told you guya are out on cycling trip. Where is Jai? He asked.

One of the waiter handed chairman a note and he smiled reading that.’ Your father is in beach along with Priya.’

Jai was getting up from the sand slowly with the help of Priya. When his eyes landed on chairman’s face there was a surprise registered. Priya could see a hint of relief.

‘Sorry to disturb you Jai. Things are bit chaotic since you resigned.’ He looked at Jai’s eyes.

‘Frankly I expected it and I guess you would have also.’ Jai replied calmly.

‘Yes but things have been on a negative spiral since last week…Jai almost all the investors have come here to meet you. They are in the conference room here.’ He almost pleaded.

Priya silently went towards the cottage.

‘Would you mind coming for a walk , Jai.’ Chairman offered his hand and narrated how Evolution’s stock price went down and how media reported there is a leadership vaccum at the top place.

‘You didn’t appoint anyone in the interim period?’ Jai asked.

‘No. Number 1. Investors: My family was not ready to accept outsiders, till they saw the impact. Number 2, I couldn’t find anyone to replace you and I said the same in an interview‘ he said. ‘Jai , you said you are leaving because investors didn’t trust you. Now they are ready to accept your terms. If you don’t like someone they are ready to resign from board.’

Jai left chairman’s hand and sat in the sand. ‘Sorry. My leg is not used to walking these days.’

Chairman too sat next to Jai. ‘Remember one of our trip in Africa where we went to a beach after losing deal.’

We didn’t lose that deal. It came back to us after we agreed to their conditions and post which there was no looking back in that region.’ Jai responded sharply.

A wave touched their legs. ‘Is that what you want Jai. Any conditions / negotiations?’ chairman asked.

‘No. I want the truth. You planned this right?’ Jai asked.

Chairman looked around and nodded his head’ To an extent. Share prices went down post my interview and our chief PR was furious as I appeared weak in the interview. But most of the investors headed by Guru approached me for talking to you.’ He stopped ‘Tell me Jai, what you want to come back?’ he questioned.

‘I want the truth again.’ Jai said closing his eyes.

Arunarc, Rampuri9, Sachini and 3 others like this.
  10. creativemumma

Np BB..take your own time. We cant help the circumstances

Btw whats Jai looking at? Whats he hinting..Waiting for next episode to know that