1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When You Are With Me

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Mar 7, 2017.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

yes sometimes getting proof is the only option.

2. Babybaby

Babybaby New IL'ite

3. VinuthaS

VinuthaS Silver IL'ite

Great update BB....

4. blackbeauty84

Chapter-46

Venkat

Sometimes you think nothing worse can happen than what’s currently happening, but things prove otherwise. Yesterday was such a day for me. First I learnt Mithun was dead and Jai’s boys were the last to see him alive. Thankfully they weren’t involved in the death. Next Jai showed me a video in which I could see Mithun and Kishore discussing some plans to bring Evolution down, pass the blame to Jai etc.

Though I knew Kishore wasn’t living upto my expectations, I had planned on giving meatier things for him. His jealousy towards Jai made him do all this unethical things. Not only that, he had spilled the beans about chairmanship to Jai. I opened up with Jai, clearly something I should have done earlier. Things hit the roof and Jai decided to walk out of the firm. I clearly know he is not after the chairman chair, but ethically he is against working in a company where there are such restrictions. He walked out of my cabin in midst of our argument. I know I would have to find a way to retain him.

I had a light sleep and there were two things clearly on my agenda 1) To Meet Kishore and my sister. Explain why I did, what I did 2) To bring back Jai before he officially records his resignation. Thankfully I’m yet to assume full responsibility in my office and I made first stop at my sister’s house. It was locked and their mobiles were not reachable.

I called my secretary and asked her to fix an appointment with Jai at the earliest. Sushma called me and informed police is in the house, waiting for me. I thought this has got something to do with Mithun’s death.

I was shocked when police questioned me about Kishore. They wanted to know ‘When did I meet him last? When did I talk to him last?’. On probing further they revealed that he has been involved in a hit and run accident yesterday night and fled the country with my sister in early hours of morning.

My whole body was socked in sweat and I called my nephew, Kishore’s son who was living abroad. My call was not picked. I discussed this with my family attorney who insisted that it would be better if Kishore surrenders to the police. I left Kishore and my sister several messages suggesting the same. Only positive thing out of this entire episode is Kishore was terminated from the services of Evolution yesterday night and this accident cannot be linked with the company. Post comforting my wife and briefing my chief PR, I asked my secretary update regarding Jai. She said she wasn’t able to reach Jai.

It was very unlikely of Jai to remain non reachable, I decided check at his house. Their house keeper informed me no one is at home apart from Vivaan. When I was about to enquire to house keeper ,I heard Vivaan’s voice

‘Venkat uncle…’

‘Hi Vivaan. Where’s everybody at home?’

‘In hospital. ‘

‘Whom are you talking to Vivaan?’ asked Priya’s father. He looked at me and mumbled Welcome.

‘Who is sick? Why everyone is in hospital? ‘ I looked at Vivaan praying there’s nobody is serious.

‘Daddy and Sriram anna met with an accident yesterday night. They didn’t allow me inside the hospital.’ Vivaan ranted.

‘Vivaan! Get ready for your classes.’ His grandfather chided. Something was wrong there.

‘How did it happened?’ I asked Priya’s father. He looked at me unbelievingly and I could see traces of hatred in his eyes. He nodded towards the housekeeper who came with glass of water and motioned me to sit.

‘You didn’t know about it?’ he asked.

‘I met Jai yesterday night post which we didn’t communicate. I was caught up in a family problem since morning. So how’s Jai and Sriram? Is the accident really bad?’ I rattled with my questions.

‘Sriram went to pick up his dad from office yesterday night. They met with an accident on the way. Jai is in pretty bad shape and Sriram is relatively okay.’ His face was totally grim. ‘They were hit by your brother in law. He added.

‘What???’ This nightmare was becoming bigger minute by minute.’I didn’t know. I seriously didn’t. Which hospital they are in now?’ I asked. We spoke for few minutes and I could see he somehow thought I’m responsible for the accident.

I was directed to critical care unit where I found Priya waiting outside. She saw me and gave a weak smile.

‘I’m so sorry Priya. I just heard about it.’ I held her hands. I was pierced with a questioning look from her when nurse announced ‘ Mam, Your boy is conscious. You can see him now.’ Priya mumbled ‘I will be back’ and went inside the unit.

How can things go so wrong?I was walking in the lobby, glancing out of window when I saw them. They were from the leadership team of our client- the company Mithun was last associated with. I could also see the client group chairman Gautam, whom Jai had met yesterday. I was not in frame of mind to talk to them and decided to be out of sight till they left.

It was then I heard their conversation, ‘Seems Jai’s wife is inside the unit. Let’s wait’ I could hear a voice.

‘I heard it’s a pretty bad accident. This would definitely delay Jai’s arrival to ours.’ Gautam said.

Jai’s arrival? What are these guys talking about? I decided to wait and hear it out completely.

‘Did Jaishankar agree for it during your discussion yesterday?’ another person asked Gautam.

Gautam responded ‘Making Jaishankar agree to this is your responsibility. But unlike the previous times we tried, he listened to me and I could feel he was warming up to the thought. We are the first to approach him and we are in very advantageous position. Keep things warm here. By the time Jai recovers let’s make an attractive offer package. If Jai agrres to join our group, it will be a great shot in the arm ’ He was saying to the group.

Priya came out from the unit and I took the steps to the floor next. Jai warmed up to the idea of joining the client company? The news stung me and I know I have to retain Jai against all the odds.

Adharv, blissfull, Arunarc and 2 others like this.
  5. blackbeauty84

@Babybaby welcome to IL. Thanks for your feedback

6. blackbeauty84

Thank you Vinutha

7. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

People dont change is it..Even in that grave situation he's thinking of company's reputation

Was this necessary? Wouldnt it make Jai look like since he has got another offer, he left evolution with out giving a secong thought?

Preetii likes this.
  8. Preetii

Preetii Gold IL'ite

yup you are right... he need a successor within family

9. Preetii

Preetii Gold IL'ite

How about the case against their home ?? I couldn't see update on it.
    Jai has to recover soon
    waiting for next twist & turns @blackbeauty84 .. couldn't wait more... situation turning more serious.

10. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Great going BB! Caught up all the episodes recently. Nice turn of events and gripping narration!