When was you really angry for the last time

Discussion in 'Indians in UAE' started by Meenupanicker, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Hi friends

I feel angriness in a moment is the most unfortunate behaviour one can have in life.I thought about this topic today because I was very angry with one of my colleagues today unexpectedly.I can't imagine myself to be this much angry and shouting,and after that now I feel ashamed of my behaviour inspite of the mistake being done by himself.

I hope some of you will know some tips to control anger.Please share it here along with the incident if you can

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009

2. adelfazin

adelfazin Senior IL'ite

Hai ,
    i was angry person but now a days i look my kids feel changes...
    Go throu..
    But control angry is bad to health...

3. aniwils

aniwils New IL'ite

Hi Meenu,

I used to get angry very easily, but nowadays, not that frequently.. It is such a destructive emotion, which complicates rather than solve a problem. When you get angry at someone and start shouting, that person reacts to your anger and NOT to what you mean to communicate. And you end up feeling miserable.

I agree with adelfazin that controlling anger is bad for health. But taking it out on someone is bad for the relationship! Instead of controlling it, you can try

a.Screaming into a pillow. Unfortunately, not practical at your workplace.

b. Talking to yourself. Best place to do this would be the bathroom, with the tap on. You can call the person all the names you like, you can visualise tearing him/her to pieces and flushing it down, etc.

Once you feel that your anger is under control, you will be able to talk to the person without getting emotional, and then- only then- will you be able to communicate with him/her about what made you angry in the first place.

Best of luck!!

4. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Hi Ani

Thanks ur tips.But I was not ashort tempered person earlier.Recently I feel there are some changes.

Meenu