1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When was the last your hubby did something to surprise you?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by JayaJ, Jul 15, 2010.

1. JayaJ

JayaJ Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

Just wanted to hear from you guys 'when was the last time your hubby did something to surprise you with delight'? something that u absolutely loved and enjoyed...

please share your fond memories...i would love to hear it...

with me, the last time was when the 4 of us - hubby, 2 girls and me went to New York...he is very organised and likes to do a bit of research about the place and make an action plan with spots to visit...so he had prepared an action plan for our NY visit...i dont know how he thot of it but we were watching tv in the hotel in NY and he saw an ad about a sale in Macy's....he decided to impulsively drop in there and shop a bit for the kids....i agreed (ofcourse!)
    the next day, we went to Macy's and hubby headed straight to the Jewellery section, though i was heading towards the children's section...but he kept peering and poring over the diamond jewellery..i tried in vain to drag him away...finally, he delighted me by asking me to choose a BIG rock as a b'day gift!!! I was naturally, over the moon and chose one...that was a surprise gift - quite unexpected....

thats the most recent one...ofcourse there are others in the past...but i will let you gals have the stage now...so go ahead and share...:)

2. contented

contented Senior IL'ite

Jaya, nice thread.

My DH is a person who is romantic in his own way, but he doesnt know to surprise me at all. Normally for any occasion when he is buying me flowers he will tell me before hand or if he wants to buy me a gift, he prefers me to come with him. I on the other hand, love to surprise family and friends. I love to see the joy on the person's face when they get something unexpected. So I always tell him that I would like a surprise but my dear husband is so poor at it.

However, the last time my DH surprised me was on my birthday. He wished me and took me out for dinner. When we reached home, he told me that he will just buy milk and come and he came back with a cake. That was a big surprise for me as I never ever expected it.

3. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Hahah.. my recent surprise was yesterday. And it is not going to be anything like the expected narrations in this thread. :rotfl

We were shopping for our upcoming vacation. Of the many items, new set of beach sandals were one in the list. There was only one color for my size. DH had many to choose from. He shortlisted 2 colors and now he has to choose one.

My guy was in a big dilemma. :biglaughHe asked for my choice. I said, "ungalukku ethu pidikutho atha edunga. rendume nalla thaan irukku." (You pick whatever you like. Both are looking good).

He looked as though imagining something and picked the same color as mine. Controlling my laughter, I asked, "Why this color? I thought you would choose the blue one."

He said with a cute smile, "unakku matching-a pottukittu nadantha nalla irukume" (Let us walk with matching sandals). :rotfl

Well it was a surprise to hear that lovely note from a relatively non-expressive man. Needless to mention it was a pleasant surprise and the way he squinted his eyes to imagine us strolling through the beach hand in hand with matching sandals was way cute. :wink:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  4. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,

A lovely thread. It is really nice to go thru all of ur wonderful moments, Dear Jaya, C and MST.

Just came to say u 'thank u' for sharing ur happy moments for making others happy, Dears

Love

5. GreenSignal

GreenSignal Junior IL'ite

My DH surprised me by keeping quiet when I missed the traffic light.:biglaugh:biglaugh

4 people like this.
  6. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  7. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

So sweet of you, KalyaniShanti! :)

:rotflIndeed a great surprise. Or was he closing his eyes tight and sending out a prayer when you missed the signal? :crazy Kidding. Good one, GreenSignal. :)

yes I do, SP. :biglaugh

8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Nice thread....

Usually my husband is a like just another guy making subtle comments about a big bag of cloths I pack for a 3 day vacation. On Friday evening (last Friday) we were to go to our cottage. DH was to come pick me up from work and hit it off from there. Since i didnt get a chance to pack my cloths on Thursday (Yeah...next time I should leave a few cloths at cottage), I asked him to get a pair of shorts and some comfy shoes. But he ended up packing 4 pairs of cloths and almost every pain of shoes I have! When asked why he packed so much he replied, rather sheepishly, "well, I thought I might as we bring everything and you can pick and choose what you want to wear".

that really surprised me!

9. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My recent surprise was yday.

me and DH try to project us as romantic couples by trying hard to do such surprises. ultimately every single time we mess up on something or the other :rotfl

Last week , I was venting out that i lost my reading habit after wedding. I cook and do dishes in the night , end up getting tired and go to bed . So My DH has ordered Amazon-Kindle for me (last week). (sho shweet of him) . I get email alerts when we order anything in Amazon. So he brilliantly erased the Order confirmation email from my inbox.
    However there was a order shipping email yday and i happened to see that. Surprise broken ! But still its worth calling it a surprise gift.

Other funny surprise mess-ups :
    - During newly married days, he would leave cute notes on the Steamed Mirror in our bathroom . by the time i go for my bath , those notes would vanish away :biglaugh
    - For his 1st bday as a couple, I baked a cake for him. While i was doing the icing, he walked into the house suddenly. Apparently he forgot his wallet and came home :bonk My bad for not locking the door. Surprise broke.

- for the next bday i ordered a cake for him in our local shop and once it is ready , the bakery guy called DH instead of me :)

1 person likes this.
  10. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Kindle, I shall plant that idea to my DW's dreams (so she can buy it for me!) like they do it in the INCEPTION movie! :) Good surprise there :thumbsup

BTW - why is he is using YOUR email address to order?, he can use his and protect the surprise! :bonk

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010