When to try after misscariage?Plz advice

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by cutekid, Jul 9, 2009.

1. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

Re: why am not become pregnant

we have to read this slokha infront of god.. or anywhere?

2. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

When I was pregnant with my first child, doctor said that I have to take utmost care because I was so weak. My mom advised me to say the slokam 'Puthra pauthrabi vrithischa' (same given by Sunitha). Everything went fine and there was no problem at all.

All the best,

Sindhu

3. swati_gan

swati_gan Senior IL'ite

Hi Sunitha,

Thanks for sharing this. I'll start reciting this tomorrow.

4. Vidhya Mohan

Vidhya Mohan Senior IL'ite

Snoopy,
    Be relaxed.. Consult a gynec and try to find out the reasons for ur irregular periods.. May be because of PCO, Thyroid etc which are easily curable..
    All the best for ur TTC journey...........

5. fluffy

fluffy New IL'ite

Advice Needed

Does anybody know about this doctor, Dr Vijayalakshmi, Senthil Nursing Home, Anna Nagar? My friend was seen by this doctor after her miscarriage. The doctor has suggested to take many many tests and advised my friend not to try for baby for almost 1year now. I wonder any doctor would suggest not to try for baby for 1year after misccariage?

Please shed some light on this. I'm just afraid my friend is misguided.

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Advice Needed

I have heard of 3-6 months as max to start trying next. But 1 year is big margin? Whether the m/c had any complication with it?

I remember doc told to my SIL not to try for an year after her m/c. But it was many years before! With recent medicines, does it need to have 1 year break?

If your friend is not satisfied with the reasons the doctor give for this break, she can consult another one for the same.

7. fluffy

fluffy New IL'ite

Thanks for replying, Vasumathi.

My friend said recently they found out she has PCOS problem. But everytime she was seen the dr. they asked to to try for baby because they want to do tests. She said when she conceived she had high BP, thus the doctor want to make sure why it happened before they can try for another baby.

They got married in 11/08 and she conceived immediately after that but miscarried the baby. Since then it's been just tests & postponing. I told her it's normal for many couples to conceive after 2years of marriage but I feel this might put pressure on the newlyweds.

Do you have any suggestions for a good gynae to got for 2nd opinion?

Thanks again!

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Every gynec starts their treatment with list of tests. We need to ensure whether they are necessary to us or not. This truly relies on your confidence with your gynec.

I don't know many gynecs.
    Refer the Gynecologists in Chennai thread which resides in this forum & in chennai forum. You may find doc near Anna nagar. If you have difficulty in finding those threads, let me know!

9. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Miscarriage-where to post?/

Hello friends,

Hope all are doing fine.

I recently had a miscarriage.I needed some info on how to take care and what all precautions i need to take.But am not sure where to post the query (in which section).

Pls guide me.

suji

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2010
  10. divyashetty18

divyashetty18 Senior IL'ite

how soon can we conceive after miscarriage

I recently had a miscarriage and I am very desparate to become pregnant again. Ofcourse, I would ask my doctor from when I can start trying to conceive. Yet, I would like to here from other forum members what their doctors suggested about the extra care as well as the ideal time to try again. I am emotionally OK, because I am completely occupied that I have to make it work next time. I am concerned about the physical recovery. What did your doctors suggest about rest as well as food.

All the suggestions would be useful for everybody who had a miscarriage and is trying to conceive.

Thanks..