1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When The Mosquito Dies..

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@sokanasanah
    Finally, it had to a mosquito to make you respond to a Rambling of mine for the first time! Is that not reason enough for me to plead the case of the most harassed living being on earth?
    I am a frequent visitor to the crocodile park in Chennai. It's true that their eyes are always brimming with tears. I used to feel terribly moved by this scene. They have tears before and after eating their victims. I remember Roger Moore as James Bond jumping across a pond full of crocodiles by stepping on the docile crocodiles. In that scene, I observed that the crocodiles were more amused than shedding tears!
    The finer points of murder was an excellent read. Thank you. I must take copies and circulate to the hired assassins of Chennai who use very crude methods of terminating a life at an average of three per day!
    Sri

Thyagarajan and sokanasanah like this.
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna

A thought provoking post and everyone's feedbacks are interesting to read. I think noone likes mosquitoes as they harm us. Feel sorry for them .But what to do we are also helpless. Mosquitoes don't come to me much might be they don't like my blood. They are very fond of my husband's nephews who is also our son in law. Whenever he comes I keep the mosquito all out ready. I feel why God created them when their life is short.
    Your daughter is right. Noone likes to hurt a puppy. Most people like dogs but not cats. In our own house we had cats for many years . They were female cats and in a year they used to deliver two three times.

In our house cats have delivered, squirrel has delivered ,pigeon has delivered but my daughters and daughter in law have not conceived.

Now in this house rats are troubling us. So many rats we have killed.

Every house close their windows and doors in the evening so that mosquitoes won't enter

Thyagarajan and jskls like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Quite interesting observation.
    Thanks and Regards.

4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Whether man eats dog or dog eats man but both serves the ecology balance by reduction in population. God has probably fixed the population of various species including humans to grow and remain in a particular ratio and that could be the reason one kills the other for prey or food.
    2. Mosquito has to live on human blood irrespective of a or b positive or HIV blood. I don’t know for sure which one it finds tasty and healthy.!
    3. Other day my friend asked me if barber inflicts a cut or nice on HIV person and the same blade used on another person would it cause HIV IN theotherperson. By the same token I asked to myself - If mosquito bites an HIVed person and then bites another normal person will the latter acquire HIV?
    4. In vietnam people relish dishes made of rats and in Malaysia cockroaches roasted and offered in streets. But they breed those rats and cockroaches. A day might turn to make mosquito too to form a staple food.
    5. Might is right in the world whether it is human or animals. Elephants and tigers or turning against man like man turns against mosquito and stray dogs.
    Just downloaded my thoughts bit tangentially.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God bless.

5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

we do this only as we are old fashioned and not used to electric bats.

7. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    You seem to be a Doctor Dolittle who can listen to the crows and interpret it in human lingo for our benefit. From what I read, crows seem to be far ahead of us in planning and execution!
    While on the subject of crows you must listen to the song by Sivagi Ganesan in his very first movie
    Sri

8. Cheeniya

@jskls
    My dear jskls
    Certainly not! Nobody has seen life within. Humans delude themselves into believing that their life is the loftiest. This superiority complex will be the cause for their undoing. In Ramayana, Rama is the avathar of God. But even he could retrieve his Devi from Ravan with the assistance of lesser beings like the vanaras and a brainy bear like Jambavan. Is there not a message for us? Let us always remember the touching episode of Jatayu.
    I have not heard of the curse on Gandhari before. But Jatayu Moksha has a similar import.
    Don't forget that the reverse can happen too. Are we not coming across invasion of our living space by elephants because we have destroyed their living space? Live and let live should be our motto. We talk of insects and animals inconveniencing us. But we do not have any idea about how much we are inconveniencing them.
    Sri

jskls likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    A very good observation. Mosquitoes have their likes and dislikes. They love the colour of black more than any other. If you wear black dress, you are sure to be the hunting ground of the mosquitoes. Similarly, they have a flair for certain blood groups than others. That may be the reason why you are not there in their hit list.
    We all think that this planet has been created exclusively for us. We love animals that are useful to us. We worship some like cows because they feed us with their milk. And when they dry out, we don't mind handing over to the butcher. How selfish humans are!
    You can summon the services of Pied Piper!
    Sri

10. Cheeniya

@Thyagarajan
    My dear Thyagu
    HIV does not spread through mosquito bites. But humans destroy themselves by spreading that deadly disease. The other day, I saw in the Hindu that a pregnant woman received a transfusion of blood received from a donor infected with HIV. The donor died of shock and remorse. The pregnant lady is receiving special treatment now but the Doctors are not hopeful.
    Good point. Years back I saw an English movie about a stranded man in a jungle. He survives by eating everything that moves! If man keep destroying the planet's rich resources, he will end up eating mosquitoes as you predict!
    Sri

Thyagarajan likes this.