1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When starting a new life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Mar 10, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

We all remember our marriage day because it is an important day in our life.
    Now a days after engagement the girl and boy meet each other and so on the marriage day they are not strangers. But during our times it was not like that, there were mostly arranged marriages, after engagement usually theynever used to allow the girls to go out also, she can go only with her relatives. But it was not the case in all houses. My brother and sister in law had gone out after engagement since we our family did not mind them going out.

In my case my husband’s family were not so forward at that time so I was not allowed to go for a movie with my cousins after engagement. Now with the present situation my in law’s family have also become forward in some cases and have accepted love marriages also.

The day I got married though I was happy with the marriage I was a little scared how my married life will be as my husband’s family is a large one.
    But after marriage when his nieces and nephews came and spoke to me lovingly I felt happy and thought my married life will be good with all the relatives around.

Evening during Reception all my office colleagues and Officers came for the marriage. Even our Finance Head had come and he told my husband we had looked after her so many years now you have to look after. I felt very happy hearing that.

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

daer viji,

so looks like your thoughts today were mostly of a young bride starting her life ?:)

arranged marriages where they meet each other for the first time after the wedding sound really scary to me .:) but many from the previous generation have lived happily ever after, so there !

so when starting a new life one should be prepared for a lot of GIVE and TAKE, is it not ?

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi

Glad to see you here. Mine was arranged marriage and I did not know about my husband till I got married to him. Though thare are some difference ofopinion between we are living happily. Ya life is give and take , then only we can be happy

love
    viji