1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When Patience Is Tested And Respect Is Bound To Be Lost - Aplogies For The Major Rant

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sbonigala, Oct 10, 2016.

1. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Dear @sbonigala ,

I was silently following your thread since morning. I liked the way you took control of your life.

I lost it and said,"Mom, please go ahead, it's not too late. I am ready for divorce and would not care any maintenance that you guys may have to legally give. But it's not for you to say the D word. Get your son look into my eyes and tell me that he prefers dowry giving girl over me, I will annul the marriage right away and am more than capable of handling kids as a single mom - physically, emotionally and financially."

DH was shocked to hear his mom say that. He asked her if she can dare say that to the other DILs. She still argued that there's nothing wrong in what she said. I laughed and said "well let's get rich, find a bride for dad. He's alone in India while you are holidaying here. He's fit and has lots of free time now that he's retired."

Read the above part twice. I am happy for you. One can learn many things from your experience .

I am really happy for you.:thumbup:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  2. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

:clap2::clap2::clap2:
    well done OP, thats the way to go....nobody gives us our right in a plate, we have to snatch them...
    but i want to correct you at one place....you said your inlaws are not abusive, dominating and greedy, i find them all from your post...

3. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

WOWWWWWWWWWW... Kudos Girl. Kudos.. :)

sbonigala likes this.
  4. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

wow you go girl

sbonigala likes this.
  5. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Bravo!!. You landed a jewel in hubby. And what smarty pants you are. I cudnt stop laughing reading your posts. Nice humorous touch to give backs. In future. Good Luck.

6. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

You are an inspiration for so many here! Good job on asserting yourself.

But the bravery award goes to your DH. Not many men can show so much support openly.

7. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Guys it hurts me to do what I am doing now because that is not me and my usual self. But if I have to be happy, I am left with no choice but to be mean and sly. DH understood that and without his support I wouldn't be what I am today.( Happily mean and sly ):tonguewink::tonguewink:

8. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

You define 'independent '. Kudos for being there for yourself.

sbonigala likes this.
  9. sbonigala

Last night it was late by the time I came back from work and DH is aware of my work schedule and knows that I won't be home until 9:30pm. MIL made some dinner and as usual it was enough for kids,DH and MIL. When I freshened up myself and came out MIL said that kids loved the curry and so finished it all and that I could eat rice and pickle or just curd rice.
    I said,"oh that's great, which curry is it"
    "Dal palak"
    "Wow"
    " For today may be you can eat curd rice or pickle and rice."
    " oh thats okay mom, I was hungry and I ate out. I had biryani so am pretty full now. I just came into kitchen for some water"
    ..... Silence.

DH said had he known I'd eat biryani he'd have avoided eating dinner and waited for me. I said, "darling good things come to those, for whom there's no curry left. Sorry mate gotta go early tomorrow, bedtime for me now. Good night mom"

Later I told DH that having lived with his mom for so many years I knew there won't be any food left, leave alone some curry and hence I had to eat out. Thankfully he got the point.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    Madhurima21, Kiran6, kaniths and 8 others like this.
  10. sbonigala

@dimhere Definitely !! He is my support in all this chaos. All these years I never told him anything - not a single complaint . Now he is seeing how his mom treats me, so he knows even without me saying anything.

Madhurima21 and dimhere like this.