1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

when nature takes care

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by strangerrr, Aug 1, 2012.

1. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

I got a call from the restaurant, saying it was time to close their BF buffet. Don’t know when I slept and how. The last thing I remember was I checked time when it was 7.05 AM. Until then i was trying more than 6 hours to sleep at least a little, but in vain.

It was not a easy decision but I have to make it. The thought started to scatter around from where it left before I slept, in fact which was hanging on for past few days. I know its matter of time I shall get rid of it. But how? when?

I came out of the shower and heard the knock at the door. The hotel staff was kind enough to send my breakfast. I ate alone trying to put those thoughts aside. But failed.

Felt like sleeping all day, without thinking anything. anyone, including me. But the schedule may not allow it. I came out of the hotel, it was drizzling. The place known for its coffee cultivation spread a typical hill station scent in the dense air.

Walked a little rather calling the taxi. Reached a particular junction, a bus came; the conductor was constantly shouting something. The bus slowly moved across and some 10 meters away from me. Just my ears manages to catch those words. As a reflex I jogged and jumped into it. Moved forward to the front seat, a single one.

Sat comfortably hugging my bag. Hoped to catch some sleep which may ease me out. My head rested on my bag and eyes confused by the missed commands from the brain, if to close or not… it started to observe tentatively forward where,

the greens & the browns tried to dominate each other
    the broad black line ran silently in between,

taking turns, twists, bends all along ups & downs
    the motor carried me kept it, in its lane

with speed much more than require to beat a snail
    the frequent horns ensure the cattle are alerted & out of way

it was too good a sight for my eyes could ignore any
    all these after a sleepless night and when having burdened heart

those scenes got in through eyes gradually started nullifying the burden of heart
    I have nothing to do, when nature takes care of balancing THESE equations.

~July ´2011

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Its always nice to have a view of ourselves as an outsider, Strangerrr. Very few have it by default and others, through practice. But all of us get it once or twice in our lives without trying much too. Happy to know that you have an eye for nature and felt that it reduced the burden. Hope your sorrow is past and wish that you won't get such a thing again. -rgs

3. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Many thanks for the fb rgs! yes it is past!