1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"when Love Is Not Madness, Its Not Love" - The True Blessing.

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by IniyaaSri, Jul 17, 2019.

1. meerutha

meerutha Silver IL'ite

2. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Episode 10:

Tulasi was busy writing her homework and Grandma was preparing dinner for everyone.

“Am very happy that Mary aunty will sleep with us tonight….” – Tulasi said as she stopped writing.

“Hello! Don’t be excited! It happens rarely when my dad goes out of town” – Joyal started.

“But am not coming here! I will be happily watching the match tonight” – Joyal said and Tulasi smirked

“I am talking about your mom! Not you!” – Tulasi

“Am elder to you! Do you ever give any sort of respect to me?” – Joyal raised his eyebrows

“Oh really?!” – Tulasi showed her teeth

“Enough! Complete your homework dear! We are going to the terrace na” – Grandma said as she packed the food.

“Yes! Yes! I am going to complete now” – Tulasi resumed writing.

“Grandma…I forgot to tell you something very important” – Tulasi said all of a sudden.

“What dear?” – Grandma sat beside her as she completed all the works.

“Oh God! You will start your story and keep talking! I can’t bear that! Am going home” – Joyal walked away as he teased her.

“Get lost” – Tulasi showed her face and Grandma smiled at them.

“I wonder how I forgot to tell you at once coming from school! Today Diya surprised me like anything” – Tulasi

“Tell me! What made your face glow like this?” – Grandma smiled

“Remember I gifted her a pouch for her birthday during our 3rd standard? She still has that safely!!!!!” – Tulasi

“Really?! She told you?” – Even Grandma was excited.

“no ma! It was more than telling that to me! Will tell you. Today a Slam book was being passed and we all were filling. Everyone completed and we were circulating the books to read what others have written. By then I saw Diya’s page.

The question was a gift that you always cherish and from whom. She has written my name. And the reason was…I was the only friend to gift her …. that too in 3rd standard….

“Did you ask her about this?” – Grandma

“At once I ran to her and asked…. She said that’s the only gift she received from her classmates! And she said she didn’t realize its importance by then…. But she has it safely….” – Tulasi was very happy and satisfied.

“Nice na…! Always Have good intentions dear…Good things will always follow….Do not bother about others' intention!” – Grandma caressed her cheeks.

Mary walked in with her pillow and blanket and Joyal followed her.

“Aunty! Why did you bring him!” – Tulasi asked and everyone laughed

“Do I need your permission?” – Joyal

“Of course yes!I love my Mary aunty and I hate you Joyal” – Tulasi showed her tongue and Joyal ignored her. Its their everyday thing and no one ever bothered.

“Maa.. Its drizzling! Lets better eat here” – Mary said as she kept her pillow and blanket aside.

“Oh is it?!!! Will the sparrows come tomorrow?! What will I do if they don’t come?’ – Tulasi asked seriously and everyone looked at Joyal.

“Oh my God?! Why are you all looking at me?! I won’t go for any Puppy!!! Gone are those days” - Joyal

Soon all sat together and started having their dinner. Grandma has made all her special dishes and it was a treat for Joyal who enjoyed the most.

“Fine then! I will go and watch the match! You ladies carry on!” – Joyal said as he took the umbrella.

“Bye! Go away” – Tulasi laughed and Joyal made faces.

Once he left, grandma and Mary started cleaning the vessels.

Tulasi went to the room and arranged her books for the next day.

She took her pen from the pouch and looked at it.

“Thank you so much” – She whispered to the pen.

“Its because of you I wrote the English test well today! Thank you” – She smiled at her pen and Mary was watching it secretly.

She tiptoed and went to the kitchen.

“Maa…What is this new lesson?! Mary is talking to her pen?” – She asked in a low voice and Grandma smiled.

“I have asked her to be thankful to the things that made her happy. She does that every night. Collects all the good incidents of the day and thanks the things associated with them. Today is her Pen I suppose” – Grandma

“I still remember how she threw away her shoes into the bushes and then praying the shoes the next day” – Mary

“Right! I remember how she got punished at school because of that. From that particular day, she started thanking every of her belonging. It became a habit for her. Even she likes it. She talks with things” – Grandma laughed slightly and Mary smiled.

“Aunty! You need any help? Both of you finished your work?” – Tulasi walked into the kitchen.

“Yes dear! Shall we lie down?” – Mary

“Yes! I will spread the mat and the blankets” – Tulasi was excited. May be because all that she has got is her grandma and she doesn’t have anyone else who comes home and spends time with her. It was only Mary aunty and Joyal. And now its just aunty and Joyal has already grown up.

All three lied down together. Tulasi was made to lie beside Grandma and Mary aunty was on the other side.

“Maa. Shall I lie beside Mary aunty? “– Tulasi

“you very well know the reason why you shouldn’t” – Grandma laughed and Mary joined her

“I won’t put my legs on her today “– Tulasi

“I have too many experiences! Enough my darling! I won’t lie beside you” – Mary laughed and Tulasi smirked.

All three wrapped themselves with their blankets and the rain was getting heavier. Tulasi closed her eyes as she listened to the rain.

“Maa…What to do if the sparrows don’t come tomorrow?!” – Tulasi shook her grandma

“Oh God! You started?” – Mary aunty laughed

“Aunty! You know na…What will I do?!” – Tulasi pleaded.

“Don’t worry! Joyal will do something or the other I bet” – Mary

Tulasi was quiet since she knew that already.

“That’s an open secret” – Grandma smiled.

“I will pay him for that” – Tulasi said naughtily and all three laughed together.

“Maaa… The saree you wore yesterday was really beautiful! Brown suits you well” – Mary complimented.

“Thank you, Mary,” – Grandma happily accepted it.

Tulasi was half asleep as Mary and Grandma were busy talking about everything and anything.

“Hmmmm….maaaa…… sometimes life feels void. Though I don’t have anything to complaint much. Sometimes I feel void. I don’t know to explain that” – Mary

“Happens dear…. After all we are human beings….” – Grandma

“What did you do when you felt it that way” – Mary

“I always do one thing dear! And again, its very difficult as well” – Grandma

“Tell na” – Mary

“I make sure that am always happy! I just do what makes me happy without bothering about others” – Grandma

“Nice to hear ma…. But it’s the toughest I would say” – Mary

“Of course, it is! But if you care for yourselves, you will” – Grandma

“I still remember how Amudha speaks whenever you buy saree for yourself! With such creatures around, how to be happy ma! She is one such kind” – Mary frowned

“Finally, its about you dear! Not about her…. And regarding her, she is full of pain and scars, that’s why she is oozing out such feelings towards the other. Leave her! Poor soul! Too many problems at her home” – Grandma

“Only you can support her! No one else will!” – Mary

“She gets pleasure when she pulls down others dear! That’s the only happiness she gets probably! Who knows! Leave! Its about her! Why would you bother. And I love sarees and I find happiness when I do that. Thats it. Doing something that I love! ” – Grandma

“Seriously! The other day I thought of buying one more saree but was afraid she will insult me saying something or the other. Such sarees are for college goers! Not for elder people like you and me! Blah blah...Something or the other she says" – Mary

“Did you like the saree that much?” - Grandma

“Ofcourse ma! I was looking for one such! But couldn’t buy it because of Amudha” – Mary

“Seems getting a good conduct certificate from her is more important to you than making yourself happy” – Grandma said Mary agreed by being quiet.

“I will tell you one thing. Generally they say Women tend to look older than men….And men always remain younger and such. But you know what I feel? We women we tend to suppress all our wishes and preferences that our soul is no longer happy. Compare your teenage picture and your current picture! You will see the difference! Its not just but age. Its about how youthful you are at heart! Socially or historically or whatever, men didn’t have much restrictions or suppression when it comes to their wishes or preferences. But we women we ourselves hide everything within us and suffer” – Grandma

“Never thought about this ma” – Mary said as she was pondering.

“Make your soul happy! Be happy! Stay youthful! Unless and until you are hurting others in any way, you are free to do anything and everything! Or that’s how I have been taught to be happy! If someone is not happy about you being happy its their problem! Their headache! Why would you worry!” – Grandma

“Curious! Who taught you?! Your grandma?” – Mary

“No. My husband!” – Grandma smiled

“Seems like you both had a meaningful married life” – Mary

“We did dear” – Grandma

“And above all, everyday do something that makes you happy. Don’t just get doomed in your daily chores. “ – Grandma

“Yeah ma. I use to like tailoring during my teenage…After marriage, I don’t have time” – Mary

“Oh don’t have time is it…Then suffer” – Grandma said all of a sudden

“Maaa?!!” – Mary jerked

“If you don’t have time to make yourself happy then whats the point of you living?!” – Grandma asked and Tulasi was listening everything though she was half asleep.

Deepu04, Sweetynila, Adharv and 10 others like this.
  3. IniyaaSri

Maaa : ) : ) : )

Deliberately didnt want to have any name for Veni's mother. Thats why.
    May be in the future I might. Not sure though : D
    Am guessing what all you would have guessed! lol :smile::smile::smile:
    Thank you so much for writing feedback ma!
    Happy am : )
    Thank you so much once again! Have posted today's episode!
    lovely day ahead : )

4. IniyaaSri

Hey Leena dear!

How are you?!!! Am little better dear!
    Very happy that read all the episodes! in one go!
    Glad that you are waiting for the next parts!
    Thank you so much for always being with me dear!
    Thanks a lot!
    Have posted today's episode!
    Have a good day : ) : ) : )
    Did I tell you? Love the way you address me as 'Ini' <3 <3 <3
    Love you!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    leenam05 likes this.
  5. IniyaaSri

Meerutha!!!!

My eyes were sparkling seeing your name after a long time!!!
    Very very happy to see your comment here!
    You are as sweet as always!!!! Love you!
    Am Grateful for you logging into IL for appreciating my work!!!!
    Thanks for your kind words dear!!!
    Heart warming and made me smile : ) : ) : )
    :facepalm:Still remember golden moments? You can imagine a wide smile on my face when I am typing this!!!
    Very happy that you still remember Golden moments : ) : ) : ) No more words to express my happiness here!
    Love you! Posted the next episode!
    Have a beautiful day ahead : ) : ) : )

meerutha likes this.
  6. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Very true ! But not as simple as she says, I would say trying to be happy always is a inbuilt character, not everyone can have it :)

Good one Iniyaa!

You are not only giving us stories but also giving tips on how to live a life !

Kudos to your writing, that is the power of writers they can be the voice of so many things !

IniyaaSri likes this.
  7. IniyaaSri

Totally agree with you!
    Some people are born with that inbuilt character of being happy always! Thats not a big deal according to me! May be they are blessed or something!
    Not others can be like that! They have to put their effort to become like that!
    Finally its in our hands thats what I feel! Some doesn't need effort and some need!
    Thank you! : ) : ) : )
    Have a beautiful day ahead! : )

peddadas likes this.
  8. IniyaaSri

Sorry ladies! Unable to post today's episode!
    Will post it in on Monday! Thanks for understanding! : )
    Have a satisfying weekend : ) : ) : )

9. IniyaaSri

Episode 11:

That was Veni’s birthday and she was wearing a silver colored Lehenga and Choli with a Chiffon dupatta. Her short hair was left open and they brushed her shoulders gently. She had a matching glossy bindi and a silver half ring on her ears.

Saravanan looked at her happy face with a pride.

“Dad!!!” – Veni smiled at him seeing him gazing at her.

“Maa….!!! My daughter is looking beautiful na! Bless her” – Saravanan looked at his mom

“She is my grand daughter after all! My replica she is…All of my blessing are always for her” – Veni’s grand mother hugged her when Veni touched her feet for blessings.

“Love you Grandma” – Veni smiled as she kissed her grandma

“Maa!!! Did you prepare cake for my friends?” – Veni asked as she sat on the sofa

“Yes! Its ready!” – Veni’s mom was as always perfect on her part

“Thank you! Where is Nivin?” – Veni looked for her brother and he was busy making greeting card for his sister Veni.

“Sis! This is for you” – He came out of the room with a colorful handmade greeting card and Veni hugged him tightly.

“Thank you so much my love!!!” – She pinched his cheeks gently.

“Maa!!! Quick! Welcome drinks are ready? My friends will be arriving now” – Veni said as she peeped into the kitchen and Nivin was already tasting the welcome drink.

“Sis! The drink is tasty” – Nivin said genuinely and Veni smiled at him affectionately.

In few minutes, Veni’s classmates arrived and the house was colorful and lively.

Veni’s dad arranged a double layered butterscotch cake and Veni was made to stand behind the cake and she was full of smiles.

Veni’s grandmother smiled happily seeing Veni’s beautiful face and pride filled her eyes.

That was a neat and sweet birthday party with her family and her classmates.

“Veni! After the party can you please clarify this doubt for me?” – A girl asked Veni and Saravanan stood with pride.

“Sure!” – Veni smiled genuinely.

The birthday party was over and everyone enjoyed the food and Veni’s mom was showered with appreciations and admiration.

Nivin was the center of attraction as Veni always liked him to be with her.

That was around 2 in the noon, Veni lied on the bed as she flipped the pages of her mathematics notebook. Saravanan was sitting on the swing and enjoyed the view from the balcony.

So soon she grew up…...I just remember taking her in my hands when she was born….But now…..She turned out to be a beautiful girl….She is a perfect daughter… Very affectionate towards her family and friends…Just perfect.

All of a sudden, he got reminded of the candle that was placed on her birthday cake. The candle said “15”. Saravanan took a deep breath. "By next year she will be 16?"

“Dad…Will you drop me today in the tuition?!” – Veni asked as she walked towards him

“Sure dear! Am free!” – Saravanan said affectionately and Veni walked away with a smile

“Maaa.! Where have you kept my new dress?! The simple one for tuition” – Veni asked as she looked for her mom.

Saravanan kept thinking about his daughter and it turned out to be 5 o clock.

Veni dressed herself in a maroon kurthi and half white palazzo pant. She took her white Georgette dupatta and her tuition bag.

“Tie your hair na” – Veni’s grandmother said softly and at once her hair was tied into a cute pony tail.

“That’s my good girl” – her grandmother smiled and Veni smiled back.

Saravanan kept looking at her without his knowledge. She was a such an obedient girl at home as well as school. There were no complaints at all. She was happy when she made the family happy. That was her all these years.

“She is after all my daughter” – Saravanan said to himself and both walked towards the parking lot.

In few minutes, Saravanan dropped her daughter and she was walking towards her tuition centre which was located in a very narrow road.

As she walked, two boys walked towards Veni and Saravanan could see that through his side view mirror.

Before he could notice, one of the guys stood with a rose and Saravanan saw Veni scolding him angrily. And the guys walked away.

“Ufff!!! She is my daughter” – Saravanan was relived as he drove the car.

As he was feeling good about his daughter, a strange thought crept into his heart.

Let me see whether she tells me about this or not.

If she tells me, she is good…. He smiled.

If she doesn’t, Then……? Then? He was confused as he parked his car in the parking space.

“Came soon?! Saravanaaa!!! Veni was looking too beautiful today! Once she comes, lets remove all the dhrishti (evil eyes) from her. She was looking like an angel on earth” – Veni’s grandma said and Saravanan was full of thoughts.

“What are you thinking?!” – Saravanan’s mom

Saravanan walked towards her and sat beside her slowly.

“What happened?” – Saravanan’s mom

“By next year she will be 16 ma….Am….” – Saravanan hesitated

“Of course! See! Girls tend to mature very quickly! I know…every father worries about his daughter….It happens my dear son! Very natural! Don’t worry!” – Saravanan’s mom

Saravanan didn’t want to continue the topic or talk about his fear on Veni's age.

Saravanan was waiting for Veni to reach home and she reached after two hours.

“how was your day dear?” – Saravanan

“Yeah dad! Gave chocolates to my friends! Aki and Abi had the most” – Veni laughed

“And?” – Saravanan

“And…I lost one mark in my test today! I need to learn to be quick…. The test was for 10 minutes! I should be quick in answering” – Veni said as she took her books out of the bag.

“Oh!!! Today your birthday na….Anything special happened?” – Saravanan didn’t want to leave

“Come on Dad! It’s the tuition centre! Not school” – Veni smiled

“Your friends gifted you something at tuition?” – Saravanan

“I don’t have close friends in tuition dad…you know na….Moreover I have got enough gifts in the morning itself” – Veni said as she took the phone.

“Whom are you calling to?” – Saravanan

“Abi! They need my help in solving the homework problems” -Veni smiled

“Oh ok” – Saravanan said and sat on the sofa quietly waiting for her to open up.

“Dad! I forgot you to say something! An incident that irritated me today” – Veni said with a frown and Saravanan was relieved instantly.

peddadas, Deepu04, Sweetynila and 7 others like this.
  10. IniyaaSri

Episode 12:

“A guy in my class dad! I saw him copying! He saw me too. He pleaded me that I shouldn’t complain to the teacher. So, I felt pity and left! But you know what…. He got higher marks than me!” – Veni said seriously and Saravanan kept looking at her.

“Oh!” – Saravanan’s mere reaction.

“Daddy! What happened?! Don’t you think what he did was wrong?!!!” – Veni sat beside him

“Yes! He is wrong dear!” – Saravanan

“So I immediately complained to the teacher and his marks were reduced instantly.” – Veni

“Oh! Okay! Good” – Saravanan

“And then the guy was asked to stand outside of the class as well! He was standing with a dull face. I felt pity…... “ – Before Veni completed Saravanan jerked

“You felt pity on him?” – Saravanan asked to confirm

“Yes for a moment! But anyways what he did was wrong and I won’t allow that” – Veni said strongly and he was relieved momentarily.

“Anything else happened today dear?” – Saravanan looked at her with his longing eyes.

“No dad! What happened?!” – Veni

“Nothing! Just asked” – Saravanan said as he walked away quietly and Veni’s mom was observing everything as her son Nivin was sleeping on her lap.

Veni was busy preparing for her next test and Saravanan was getting into his confusions and doubts.

Tulasi was trying hard to concentrate in her tuition class and mathematics always scared her. Her only target was to pass in all subjects and she was trying her best for that.

“Maa! Am hungry what have you prepared?” – Joyal asked as he removed his shoes.

“First refresh yourself”- Mary

“Its ok! Come on!” – Joyal kept his bag on the sofa and walked into the kitchen

“Maaa!!! Wow! Vadai?!! Tulasi’s favorite” – Joyal said as he munched a hot vadai.

“Yours as well” – Mary

“Yeah my favorite too! But still! She eats more than me” – Joyal said starting with the second one.

“by the way how was your day?” – Mary

“Cool mom! No such questions here after! College life is to enjoy! Don’t keep tracking me!” – Joyal sighed and Mary smiled.

“Ok then! I will give her”- Joyal said as he searched for a steel box to pack.

Soon he packed the snack and went to Tulasi’s house.

Grandma was lighting lamp in her Pooja room and Joyal entered.

“Grandma!!! Where is Tulasi?! Yet to reach home?” – Joyal

“Yes Joyal! She usually reaches home by now! Am waiting for her” – Grandma said as she lit the incense sticks.

“Oh!!! Let me go and check” – Joyal at once wore his slip-on slippers and turned on his two-wheeler.

He checked the time as he drove and his digital watch displayed 6:20.

Joyal drove for few minutes and reached her tuition centre. He came to know that Tulasi’s batch left half and hour ago.

Joyal was getting nervous and he kicked his bike and started again.

There was a usual route that Tulasi usually takes and he checked even the parallel roads as well along with the usual way.

His heart beat was going out of control and he started driving all around the area. Some roads were deserted and some were crowded. He did not know where to search her.

Meanwhile he took his phone and dialled Grandma and her answer made him terrified.

He slowed down his vehicle and closed his eyes.

“Where she would have gone?!!”- He asked himself as he calmed down his breath.

“She will be safe! Nothing bad would have happened to her” – Joyal drove again as he pacified himself.

As he drove across the roads, at a very long distance he saw few people standing and there wasn’t much people around.

He slowly drove towards them and his heart beat was getting back to normal mode.

It was Tulasi standing along with her friend Diya and there were three guys standing together along with them.

As Tulasi saw Joyal, tears rolled over her cheeks and she came running towards his bike.

Diya followed Tulasi at once as if she was waiting for that.

“Sit behind me both of you” – Joyal raised his voice and at once both were on his bike.

The guys whistled as Joyal rode his bike and both the girls were terrified.

Joyal didn’t ask them any questions and Tulasi was sitting with regret and fear.

In few minutes, Tulasi and Joyal reached home after dropping Diya at her place.

“What happened dear?!!” – Grandma came out worried.

“She has got low marks in Maths and so she and her friends were asked to take extra class. That’s why” – Joyal said and Tulasi walked in quietly.

“Tulasi! Snacks for you” – Joyal gave and Tulasi got it without looking his face.

peddadas, Deepu04, Sweetynila and 7 others like this.