1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"when Love Is Not Madness, Its Not Love" - The True Blessing.

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by IniyaaSri, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Deepika23

Deepika23 Silver IL'ite

@IniyaaSri , at my ils place the maid is treated very badly. Even though she is around 60, my sils daughters being around 13 - 15 addresses her by name.
    Give her food on the floor and separate glass and plate.

Once they had a full time maid and she was made to sleep on the floor on a bedsheet and that too infront of the toilet. She left the job in 3 days time. They are old and they cannot do anything with out a maid . Instead of treating them as a person who helps them without whom they cannot eat or dress well (she does cooking and washing) they are treated as someone who lives on their mercy.

I tried changing my husbands attitude but he is silent infront of them. Least I can do is make my kids to respect whoever comes to help us .

aarthi28 and IniyaaSri like this.
  2. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Ladies, am not well. Next episode will be on Monday Probably! thanks!

3. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

oh take care Iniyaa! Wish you a speedy recovery!

IniyaaSri likes this.
  4. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Take care Iniya

IniyaaSri likes this.
  5. anupama1

anupama1 Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    Very happy that you have started a new story....
    It is a new story indeed because offlate most of the stories are about young people their offices, their cubicles, their outings,up and downs in their relations with coworkers, freinds,families etc, but after reading the three episodes felt some fresh water was flowing.....looking forward for further episodes.
    Get well soon.

IniyaaSri likes this.
  6. IniyaaSri

Episode 7:

“Let me talk to Veni first” – Saravanan thought before taking the decision.

Both dad and daughter walked into a park the next day evening. Saravanan bought her an ice cream and Veni was busy licking it.

“Sweet heart! You don’t like black?” – Saravanan started

“I like daddy”- Veni

“Then why didn’t you touch the baby the other day saying its black?” – Saravanan was curious to find the origin of her attitude.

“Hmmmm…. Grandma never use to touch our maid…. She is dark skinned…. Grandma never touches the maid…Not even mom is allowed” – Veni

“You don’t know anyone who is dark skinned dear?! Friends?” – Saravanan

“I don’t have any friends who is dark skinned dad….” – Veni said straight away.

“In school?” – Saravanan

“There are 3 people…. But few guys usually make fun of them…. So I am afraid to talk to them…May be they will make fun of me if I touch them or talk to them…” – Veni said genuinely.

Saravanan took a deep breath…. He could figure out something. One important reason is his mother and few kids at school. But she personally doesn’t have any hatred. He analysed for about 5 minutes, and took a decision.

“Dear…Shall we walk to home?” – Saravanan held her chin

“Okay Daddy” – Veni got down from the park bench.

As they strolled, Saravanan got a doubt.

“Veni dear! I have a doubt! Even am not fair skinned…. But you are touching me?!” – Saravanan

“Come on Daddy! You are my hero! No matter what color you are I love you” – Veni said with a wide smile.

Saravanan sighed with relief.

My up bringing dint go wrong……” – he whispered

Just that it needs some alteration and dedication” – He said to himself. I should have noticed how maids are being treated at home. That too in front of kids. I wasn't dedicated enough in bringing up my child good.

Both reached home and he decided to announce his decision in one or two days!

Saravanan left Veni at home and walked towards the lawn area. As he sat on the stone bench, he saw many kids playing around happily. Few were accompanied by their parents as well.

As he observed the kids, most of the kids were wearing branded dresses, branded shoes and their life was a level higher than their parents. And most of them studied in a reputed school. He realized that Veni was just like them. There was no chance of meeting the ordinary people outside her life. Her neighbors and school mates almost had same life style. The kids didn’t have any opportunity to watch the kids out of their own lifestyle.

Saravanan confirmed his decision once again. Two days passed.

“Maa…. I have taken a decision! We are moving to another area….” – Saravanan said and it was a big shock as he expected.

“But why?!” – Saravanan’s mom

“I went to an astrologer and he said Vastu is not proper at this house” – He lied.

“Oh come on! When you started believing in all these things?!” – Saravanan’s mom

“I didn’t tell you people I had been having very bad time at work and even last month I fell sick na….I had been under constant stress and so I went to an astrologer.” – He lied again.

She wont get convinced for any other reason. He knew that.

“But all of a sudden?!” – Saravanan’s mom.

“I have asked an agent to check for houses! Probably by next month, we will be in the new house.” – He said and walked away.

Saravanan’s wife didn’t utter a word though she could understand the real reason. Veni seemed unworried. She was excited about moving to a new place.

Tulasi kept watching all the beautiful flowers and birds on the way home. Joyal was walking along with her and they both enjoyed each other’s company.

“That flower looks beautiful na?” – Tulasi said admiring a big yellow flower

“You want that?” – Joyal

“No no! Let it be” – Tulasi smiled

“If you want, I will bring you at once” – Joyal

“Oh really?! Then go and bring” – Tulasi said with a evil smile.

“Fine! Watch me now….”. Joyal walked stealthily towards that house and looked around. When he was about to pluck that big yellow flower. Someone yelled “Oye”.

Tulasi ran away instantly and Joyal followed her.

Tulasi laughed as she ran and Joyal didn’t know what to do.

“You said you will pluck that flower?” – Tulasi teased him

“Tomorrow for sure!” – Joyal showed his teeth.

As they reached home, Tulasi entered the house and grandma was waiting for her with a smile.

“Come my dear…How was your day?” – Grandma

“Good and very bad…” – Tulasi

“Just good but very bad! Why?” – Grandma

“You remember na….I bought one special pouch for Diya….” – Tulasi

“Yes dear… For her birthday…” – Grandma

“I gave her…I thought she will be very happy seeing that gift…. But she just said Thank you and nothing else…I thought she will say am her best friend…” – Tulasi sounded disappointed.

Tulasi was very disappointed.

“Grandmaa….you know what…It seems she is a getting a new cycle as gift today. Also her mother is gifting her a special Cinderella dress" - Tulasi

May be the kid would have lost interest in simple things when there are too many grand items in front of her. – Grandma thought.

“Its ok my dear! You felt happy when gifting her?” – Grandma tried to console her.

“Yes! I was very happy na when we bought that pouch for her…I was very happy when I wrapped it in a glittering sheet! I was very happy when I gifted her…..” – Tulasi

“You are happy right? That’s it….If she is not happy about the gift, she missed the chance of being happy. Leave dear! “ – Grandma smiled

“One day she will understand. Don’t worry” – Grandma caressed her cheeks gently

“So whats the good thing for today?” – Grandma

“Am yet to complete the bad list for today” – Tulasi said angrily as she slowly removed her socks.

“What dear?” – Grandma

“Today, the two girls beside me were talking maaa…. But Teacher bet me as well.... along with them” – Tulasi removed the socks and started removing her shoes.

“Oh!!!” – Grandma

“I didn’t do anything but she bet me hard along with them” – Tulasi said in a raised voice and threw the shoe angrily and the fell into the bushes

“Tulasi! What happened to you? “ – Grandma jerked

“I didn’t do any mistake grandma…But why did I get punished…After sometime, She asked me to get out of the class along with them. But I didn’t talk at all.” – Tulasi cried.

“Its ok dear…. Sometimes its okay to get punished without reasons” – Grandma said but Tulasi couldn’t understand as she kept crying.

Sometimes life punishes even when you didn’t commit any mistake. You have to accept that and you don’t have a choice… Everything doesn’t have a reason nor will we know that reason… - Grandma thought but it will be too hard for Tulasi to understand.

“Fine! Lets go in! come in” – Grandma pulled her inside.

“Also tell me the good news” – Grandma

“I got full marks in my English test today” -Tulasi said uninterested.

“So good dear! That’s your toughest subject na” – Grandma

“Hmmmmm yes” – Tulasi dropped her bag and walked to refresh.

In few minutes, it started drizzling and Mary aunty and Joyal joined them with hot snacks.

That became a beautiful evening for Tulasi and all four were enjoying like a family.

It was morning 7 and Tulasi opened her eyes as she heard the sparrows chirping….

It was drizzling and slowly she walked towards the curtain.

She enjoyed seeing those sparrows eating her grains. That was a lovely morning with her favorite breakfast and she hugged her grandma.

“Get ready dear! Its time….” – Grandma reminded her.

Tulasi wore her socks and looked for her shoes. One was lying in the veranda and she couldn’t find out the other.

“Maaa…Where is my other shoe?!!!...” – Tulasi asked as she searched in the veranda.

“Where did you keep that yesterday! Think what all you did yesterday after coming home” – Grandma

“We both sat here and chatted. I was angry…..and….” – Tulasi lowered her voice.

“I was angry and I threw the shoe into the …..” - She said in a low voice.

She herself wasn’t comfortable about her behavior the day before.

She ran into the bushes and came out with her black shoe dripping with water and mud…..

“Maaa….See here” – She said as she showed her shoe.

“You did that dear……” – Grandma said softly

“Yeah….” (May be I shouldn’t have done that) – Tulasi

“What to do now….” – Tulasi

“Do we have two pairs of black shoes dear?” – Grandma

“No….” – Tulasi was almost in tears

“Then ….wear your slippers today” – Grandma said deliberately

“But my P.T master will punish me” – Tulasi said as tears were peeping from her eye line.

“But its you who showed your anger on your shoes dear….Not its vice versa! You got to face! No other go…” – Grandma

“But…” – Tulasi started crying…

“Dear….you very well know how important the shoe is….Then why did you show your anger on your shoe? That’s wrong right….” – Grandma

“Yeah….” – Tulasi cried

"Never kick the bee hive if you want honey" - Grandma said and Tulasi stood without understanding the phrase.

“Anyways! Wear your slippers and start now…Mary is coming to pick you up…Come on” – Grandma

Tulasi stood crying as Mary aunty and Joyal opened the gate.

She at once ran into the bathroom and brought a big mug of water. She washed her shoes instantly, wiped it with a cloth and whispered “Sorry” to the shoes.

Grandma smiled secretly.

“Here after I wont show my anger to you! Sorry! But please be dry when I come home in the evening. She pulled a plastic chair and kept her shoe on it to get ample sun shine”

Joyal and Mary smiled seeing Tulasi’s act.

Tulasi looked at the sky and it was still cloudy!

“Oh God! My dear Sun! Please show some mercy so that my shoe will get dried. I cant get punishment tomorrow again! Please come out of clouds and show some mercy!” – She murmured and took her school bag and went to school.

Grandma waved her hands with relief and Joyal surprised Tulasi with that big yellow flower.

"When did you pluck this?!!!" - Tulasi was surprised and Joyal smiled admiring her face.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Deepu04, Adharv, Bhoonzee and 4 others like this.
  7. IniyaaSri

Good guess Ammu dear! Posted today's episode!
    Good day : )

8. IniyaaSri

Thank you so much dear! : )
    Thank you so much for taking time and writing your thoughts!
    Posted today's episode!
    Good day dear : )

9. IniyaaSri

Thats pathetic dear!!! And yeah! You can teach your kids about respecting a fellow human! Thats nice of you! : )
    But I feel some people doesnt change no matter what!
    Have posted today's episode dear!
    Good day : )

10. IniyaaSri

Hey dear!

Very Very happy to see your comment here! After a long time! : ) : ) : )
    Glad that you found it refreshing! Even am new to this story! lol! Not sure how its going to shape up!
    Trying to give my best! Thank you so much for writing here!
    Have posted today's episode as well!
    Have a lovely day ahead! : )