1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When kids start doing their own laundry?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Rihana, Apr 29, 2015.

1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

@hrastro...wow!!!
    Are you interested in an temporary exchange programme?One wonderful little boy for two slightly spoilt fully grown girls.They make excellent adrakh chai....two cups /girl without too much complaining.:coffee

@Rihana....I will pay for it some day....I should be more discreet.I leave it open around husband too.:shock:

2 people like this.
  2. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Where where ??! When???

I've always wanted girls !!! And love adrak chai
    But a warning !!
    My little boy is naughty too and sometimes shows his stubborn avatars too.. He'll enjoy a willing audience to non stop chatter and 400 questions !!!

3 people like this.
  3. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Child Labour. !! gigglingsmiley

2 people like this.
  4. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Somewhere in the social media there is a storm starting. Teens (with mainly indian background) have started the protest as suddenly their moms forces them to do their laundry. Soon the internet will crash due to the heave traffic caused by this protest movement.

2 people like this.
  5. yellowmango

Oh I can deal with naughty kids....and their million questions!:coffee
    A little warning from this side too....adrakh chai takes its own time to come sometimes with reminders.....

1 person likes this.
  6. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Not teens... Kids.. and pre-teens:)

2 people like this.
  7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Next target: husbands doing laundry. ideasmiley

I have to tell you all a funny story. I am on a trip to India three years ago and meeting with friend (of many decades)/colleague for some business meetings in several cities in India. After flying to Hyderabad (2 days) , Bangalore (2 days), Pune we get back to Delhi to a continuing hectic schedule. So one morning he comes out of his room with the announcement that he has no clean underwear. Now I am wondering how this has anything to do with me. So I ask well what do you normally do? He replies if I am on the trip myself I just buy new underwear but if X (his wife) is with me she washes them. I said well we have no time to just go shopping for new underwear, why don't you just wash them? He looks a bit shocked and says Well, I have never done that (he is a grandfather). But being a decent guy, he says well what do I do? I said you just pour the water into that pail in the bathroom and dump in some of this washing powder and let them soak for half a day and then rinse them and hang them up. I give him a spare line I had with me. Later that evening we meet he announces with great pride that the whole process was really easy and completed.

Ladies: you do your men no favor either by treating them so well (like X the wife ) that they think they are helpless. (Ok, there is some strategy for doing that but should it continue?)

3 people like this.
  8. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

YellowMango, All these 3 year old and 4 old will be excited to help. Then they turn diva's and shows the faces. Remember, your same 16 year old wanted help you on anything and everything and always holding your pallu and walking around. :):)

2 people like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Isn't that often also how the behavior of the 'oldest' child, a.k.a. husband evolves over time...

:)

1 person likes this.
  10. yellowmango

True...they wanted to make roti and khana.....but mine have never shown interest in Landry.They would sit in front of the washing machine and watch their clothes show and they would get excited.May be they will just live dirty.

2 people like this.