When is the US consulate in Hyd going to be functional?

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Hyderabad' started by happywoman, Aug 7, 2008.

1. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

Pls update me abt the US consulate in Hyd. Im looking forward to it.

vani

2. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vani

Regarding the US consulate, it is supposed to start by oct 2008 at paiga palace,begumpet b'coz of which so many trees some 100yrs old were cut down,which is very bad on their part,ofcourse the govt is doing it for them.

Will update regarding consulate as and when they put it in news.

bye
    lathaa

3. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Dear Latha, good info :clap

4. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Senorita.

Regarding US consulate(hyderabad)no news yet,but another experience of mine with PIO card(person of indian origin).My son born in US but now in India,we had to renew his US passport as 5yrs validity was over which we did it by going to chennai consulate in May,as passport is new we had to do extension of PIO card,there is strange rule here for PIO card extension,they do extend to people who live in cities where US consulate is there like Mumbai,Chennai,Delhi and Kolkotha,they don't extend to the non locals it seems and the answer we got from the indian external affairs ministry is fly back to US and get it extended there.

Now my point is do we need to really go to US only for the PIO card extension and get it done there or just leave it as it is??Would like to know if someone has faced the same situation.

5. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Finally US Consulate in Hyderabad had been inagurated at Paiga Palace on Friday the 24th of October in the presence of Chief Minister Y.S.Rajashekar Reddy and US consulate officials.This place will be the temporary accomadation untill the permanant facility at Gachibowli is constructed.The visa issuing will start anytime around December.

6. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Thanks for sharing the news, Latha.

Finally some good infrastructure developments are happening in Hyderabad.

I always wondered why where was no international airport [ before Shamshabad ] and US consulate in Hyderabad as so many people travel abroad and need US visa requirement.

Glad that things are picking up momentum now.

-Sabitha

7. geet999

geet999 New IL'ite

regarding US consulate at hyderabad

hi
    does any one know,when is the US consulate at hyderabad going to be operational...
    once it becomes operational,how many applications are they going to process per day..
    please let me know

8. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Re: regarding US consulate at hyderabad

Regarding US consulate in Hyderabad has already been discussed in another thread.The US consulate will be operational from mid december and they are going to process 100applications a day.

9. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Hello Ilites,

I myself had been to US Consulate in Hyderabad for L1 Blanket and L2 visas yesterday,wanted to update this thread with basic details.

Entry into the consulate will be exactly before half an hour from the appointment time,not even a minute before than alloted time.

1st gate:Checks the passport and appointment letter.

2nd gate:Security

3rd:Handing over the check to the cashier

4rt stage:Lobby manager helping and directing to the finger prints counter

5th stage:waiting area where in a token is given,have to wait till the token number is called for.

6th stage:Interview and visa issuance.

The whole process took less than 15mins:),which was a relief as it took more than half a day when we had been to Chennai US consulate couple of years ago.

At present they are issuing not more than 100 visas/day.

For more details

Consulate General of the United States - Hyderabad

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  10. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Thanks for details Latha,
    My L1B got expired recently, I thought it would be renewed with out my intevention to embassy. But our Visa helpdesk asked me present in person to complete it. I am planning to book appointment in August 1st week.