When is the most convenient time for you to talk on the phone?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Feb 24, 2008.

When is the most convenient time for you to talk on the phone?

1. While the children are at school/out of the house

13 vote(s)
    37.1%
  2. In the morning

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. In the evening

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Anytime, so long as I can multi-task

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  5. Never—I am always too busy

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Poll for 24th Feb.2008 to 1st Mar. 2008

It was afternoon time when I would have finished giving my daughter her lunch and would be putting her in bed for her siesta, then my telephone rings. I get so irritated more so because it is a telemarketing call. Well I like to and would attend my calls anytime of the day but for the time I put the little one to bed.
    I know there are quiet a lot of ladies who multi task - attending calls, stirring the sambar in the stove and having an eye on the baby.

Ladies, take up this week poll topic and let us know your comments.

2. Pia

Pia New IL'ite

Hi,

I like to call people only in the afternoon,when my little boy is sleeping.But I do put my phone on silent mode.

Pia

3. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Evening! That is the time I am back from work & can kick relax & exchange a few smiles with friends

Corallux

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Laxmi,

This is one thing i can do anytime. I get calls anytime. sometimes, my phone is attached to an ear and shoulder all the time..... multitasking that is me...

But it is never to gossip. sometimes my SIL wants to talk because she is down, or a friend, or friends parents who miss their children. and then there are others who talk hours about the school about the kids anything...

Basically, i am a listener, and i don't mind giving my ear and shoulder to the phone for bringing in a few seconds of relaxation to my friends and relatives...

The only drawback is my neck complains later.....

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Laxmi,
    I usually attend the calls anytime, even when I am in the middle of the small afternoon nap.
    I do have the cordless or the cell near me, so that I need not get out of the sofa.:help
    But I like to talk to people, when their time is convenient.
    To me only after the kids are out to school or outside to play, if no work is there afterwards.

sriniketan

6. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi

I will be getting calls without non-stop...........so sometimes i feel tired to talk to all of them.....almost all will speak minimum 30 mts...........they may be my friend/relative .......and at the same time i will be having visitors also then and there...........so i cant talk peacefully.....and if my son K is there.......... he will nag me for this and that........only athat time and sometimes my mom tooo........so i really feel bad if i talk and answer outside also.......so i feel its is really ok if its in the afternoons..........

My relatives and sisters use to say....i may die if something happen to my mobile and landline.............atleast i will be receiving msgs very continuously..........

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear laxmi,
    let me share this information here, i had been working for a lot many campaigns for products varying in different field and even while calling personally or on phone have felt the best time is in the morning at 11 just after their morning routines and a break before starting for lunch preparations and after 4 before the children could arrive sometime just after 3.30 a good cup of coffee or tea and the ladies are in a good mood to talk and available for sales promotions....sunkan

8. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

As long as people dont call me when i am at work, any time is ok with me ..

But like shanthi. i am more a listener.. a less talker ...

phone on one hand... stirring sambhar with the other .. or doing the dishes ... is common.

but frankly dont like telemarketing calls...

Bhooma

9. Sumeru

Sumeru New IL'ite

I always to prefer to do any talking at the end of the day, preferably between 5-7pm. I prefer not be disturbed in the morning, as having conversations kind of distracts me for the day, and I find it a bit difficult to concentrate on my planned work for the day. If I keep getting calls, I may even be required to replan my work or accomodate a new task as a result of the call, and I find this a bit irritating. Of course, thats my take on the topic !

10. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Laxmi,

I can multi-task. But, I voted 'when no kids around'. Because, I don't want to discuss anything in detail in front of them. I believe even a casual negative statement might grow into a tree in their minds.

I would just answer very indirectly and would shorten the call if I get any when kids around. So, it doesn't end up full-fledged sometimes. So, the first one is my choice....

Love,
    Oviya.