When Is Krishnastami

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by Janakinarne, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Hi to all,am confused with the date of krishnastami, some are saying it's tomorrow some are saying it's Saturday.. when is the actual day..if any one know plz share here..thank u..

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Krishna janmashtami is celebrated on 2 days - in the south. Mainly on rohini nakshatram date i.e on saturday and Ashtami thithi i.e on friday (tomorrow). Depending on the family tradition , this is done on either of the days mentioned. Hope it is clear now. We, being iyers, celebrate tomorrow .Wish u a very happy Janmashtami.

Anusha2917, Thyagarajan and shravs3 like this.
  3. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

@joylokhi thanks for the information...and one more question is right now am 7th Mon pregnant,can I draw Krishna padams with flour and Pooja at home.. normally frm past 3yrs I used to celebrate it as a festival with lot of nivedhayams and other poojas,but this time I may not prepare all those items but can I do normal Pooja by placing Krishna in vunjala and his food prints at home...

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Yes , u can surely do normal puja drawing krishna padam etc. U can make simple neiveidyam of aval/jaggery and fruits.

Thyagarajan and Janakinarne like this.
  5. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Thanks for quick response.. wish you happy Krishna janmastami..

Thyagarajan and joylokhi like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello::hello:@Janakinarne
    Celebration in detail in North of India commences few hours before the clock strike twelve - midnight tomorrow , when it is believed Lord Vishnu incarnated five thousand odd years before during Krishna patcha, ashtami thithi and star Rohini attains its zenith.
    • The celebration among Hindus Brahmin community in the south in general and Chennai Tamilnadu in particular
    • Would commence in the evening tomorrow with the decoration rangoli at front yard depicting from doorsteps - tiny bright footprints of young balak Krishna - that leads to the Pooja spot where idol of baby Krishna decorated and kept on a pedestal.

2. They Pooja or the worship for my family and I, begins tomorrow evening Friday and would be over in an hour.
    3. My family & I would chant slokas, read Vishnu Sahasranamam and play music KRISNA NEE BEGANE BORROW(?) ALAI PAYUTHEY KANNA etc followed by karpoora Aarathi and neivedhyam of Milk, raisins and snacks seedai murukku ( Anand Bhavan).

4. In north till mid night they would observe fast, chant Geetha Govidham conduct Pooja at that GODLY HOUR and then break their fast;
    • fire crackers. Entire family members get involved in the Pooja from commencement to conclusion and followed by other entertainment known as dhal hundi - breaking pot - by raising a human pyramid in public places with large spectators.
    5. Besides answering your query, I had given some more information for aliens(!).
    6. Lord Krishna would bless you to have a boney baby delivered naturally in due time .

Thanks and Regards.
    God I think of your Leela’s when I enjoy Rasam.

Anusha2917, joylokhi and Janakinarne like this.
  7. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

@Thyagarajan thanks for detailed information about tomorrow's rituals...I wish I too celebrate with Bala Krishna padams which I like alot to draw,but due to my 7th Mon pregnancy I can't able to bend down and draw, which am going to miss that part alot,
    Thanks alot for your warm wishes and hoping so everything will be fine in my pregnancy journey and deliver a cute little chubby baby with the blessings of Lord Shiva and krishna..
    Wish u all a happy janmastami..and I wish by next krishnastami everyone prayer's will come true and will be blessed with a cute and sweet babies and everyone's family will be full filled with lots of love and joy...

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thanks.

9. Thyagarajan

:hello:Trust everything ok.
    God bless.