1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When Ignorance Is Bliss....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by enlightened, Jan 25, 2011.

1. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Yes, I firmly have started beleiving in the old age adage that ignorance indeed can be a bliss at times....We are so used to google and the internet has become the encyclopedia where you have all the answers to your questions at the click of a button...but , the amount of control you have on your curiosity can turn the search resluts into something you desire, or something you may detest or fear...Like the other day, my sister was googling on the possible side effects of taking the late conception pill and she realised that one side effect could be symptomatic to ovarian cancer!!Its good to have the know how, but tools like the search engine when used investigatively, can sure freak you out if you do not do selective filtering of what you need to know....Sometimes its cool to be ignorant and just not know how to operate on the internet....saves you of so much trouble.My MIL was saying that girls nowadays take birth classes while in their age and time all they have to do was scream in pain while birthing and you are done after the labour...but we are so aware of various birthing options and procedures and post partum stuff, it kind of backfires without we ourselves realising .....yes, ignorance might be a bliss sometimes!!

2. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Agreed for the GOOGLE part :)

3. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

You MIL was damn right..
    Imagine us thinking about the day, whether it will be c section, or .....whatever complication...

Ignorance is total bliss..
    I am all for it..

But,what to do? google is my best friend...:)