1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When husband forgets everything inlaws does

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Goahead, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Goahead

Goahead Silver IL'ite

my inlaws have never cared for us but my mil has always shown double standards by talking very nicely and pretending we are one family. they have ran away at all the times when we could have used their help.

in 10 years of my marriage, I have seen this happening so many times that it has resignated in me that mil, fil and sil are mean to us. They just sugar coat things but cannot do anything for us and have always grabbed money from us.

recently my inlaws were caught lying on our face, hiing things from us . couple of big incidents
    1 sil wedding - they gave her car, cash , other stuff everything was hidden from us

2. pregnancies -mil and sil were having discussions on how sil will get helped after delivery. i 'm also pregnant, but there was no thought on i may need some help as well . my husband keep comparinf how his parents have equal right to visit in the name of help as my parents. i become a sandwithchwhere i'm suppose to treat my mom and mil he same but mil just does things for sil

husband agreed how they were wrong in lying and hiding but nothing afterwards ..he is the same to them ...

i hate it when he behaves as if nothing happened and they too start treating us more like fools ..... just cant get over this feeling against my husband..he treats my inlaws like god and sil like some petty women....

what do i do> i feel that because he never speak up, they take advantage. my inlaws knows that i understand their true nature but their son is in their control and it wnt matter what they do ....

2. prativamishra

prativamishra New IL'ite

Its the same story in most of the families. Mother and MIL will never be same. Though your Husband understand everything, you don't expect from him that he'll speak anything against his parents.
    You should start saving for yourself and your expected child, irrespective of your IL's demands. sit and discuss about this with your hubby. While discussing, don't make a single mention about your in laws. Just talk about both of you and ur child and decide on the future plan and stick to it.
    We can never change our IL. But feeling bad about it and getting angry is going to affect your health.
    Try to keep yourself happy, ignoring them. During pregnancy, these matters will affect you more due to hormonal changes.
    Be happy and take care

2 people like this.
  3. RPVAIL

RPVAIL Silver IL'ite

Goahead,

I am not tying to belittle your issue or discounting it in any way.

But truth be told parents are our first love, first support structure, first safe harbor and I don't have to differentiate between men and women on this aspect.

So when people you loved, trusted, took for granted so much do act badly towards you then it is deeply hurting. Again this is a kind of inescapable hurt as in the case of friends, distant relatives you cannot cut off your ties completely (for most people anyway).

So we cannot conclusively say your husband is forgiving and forgetting all the bad behavior by his parents. He may be forgiving but it is safe to say he will not be forgetting. Having said that I am sure he would be suffering silently from this deep gnawing pain. It is a testament to his broad heart that he is not lashing back at them.

Don't get me wrong here. The natural reaction that you so rightly expect to see is to severe all connections or vent out all feelings in their face. But that is a big leap and may not be a good thing to desire. Also very few people will be capable of doing that. More importantly you should be at peace and happy with yourself after doing that.

Now you and your husband are the team. As long as you both are able to see things in black and white and able to comfortably discuss your inner most feelings then that is good.

Over a period of time your husband's behavior towards his parents will cool if they continue to act in the same manner. But if he continues to keep them somewhere in his distant vision then let him be.

So for now let him fine tune his relationships by himself.

[The above is true on the other side also. The courtesy I am asking of a wife to extend to her husband should also be forthcoming from a husband to a wife]

4 people like this.
  4. abla

abla Gold IL'ite

They are gifting their daughter right ! So what is wrong in that other than the fact that they hid this info from you and your husband .

5. abla

abla Gold IL'ite

Mil treating you like a daughter and you treating your Mil like your own mom is a two way street . So make your own plans with your mom regarding help during pregnancy and post delivery etc .

1 person likes this.
  6. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Wish u safe delivery maam. In laws can never become our parents. Its better to be emotionally detatched from them. That will give us mental peace.

1 person likes this.
  7. IamLucky

IamLucky Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,
    Everywer men behave like that. they forget as fast as possible about their people fault. Better as of now dont think about this and spoil ur health and ur baby's health.
    See iif ur mother could help u. these ppl will not change. better we change ourself for our mental peace. safe pregnency to u.