When does your moderators edit a post?

Discussion in 'Site Help & FAQs' started by Induslady, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

We don't edit a post unless we absolutely have to. Our moderators will edit a post if the post violates the Forum Etiquette.

If you have further queries on this please post in this thread by clicking on "Post Reply" at the bottom left of this page.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007

2. shobana 007

shobana 007 Gold IL'ite

mam,
    pls i made one mistake while uploading some pics in one of my thread(only in one thread).i copied and pasted directly without sending in management attachments.now i saw one of my pic is not delivered in my thread.i'm afraid whether it will happen to other pic also.so pls kindly can u giv me one day extended edit for my threads.i'll edit all pics and send via management attachments

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shobana
    It is difficult to extend to give you edit button my dear but you can repost again as an attachment. I don't think anything will happen to your other pictures.
    And my dear please go through No Chat or SMS style words please! before posting further.

4. shobana 007

shobana 007 Gold IL'ite

sorry mam,
    sure i'll keep this in my mind.i will try to avoid sms style words.thanks for the immediate reply.

5. shobana 007

shobana 007 Gold IL'ite

hi madam,
    i don't know where to post this,so i'm posting here for your reference.as one of our il friend's advice ,i thought to open a index for my new thread .but whenever we are uploading new ideas ,we have to edit index thread and include them.i think it is not possible now.so i need help regarding this.or else shall i open a new thread stating index but already i open that too but it was merged now.i need your valuable advice on this.

6. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shobana,

It is not possible for members to maintain an index thread, because as you said, edit option is not available to members (after limited hours) to periodically update the index.

Only moderators can maintain an index thread.

Our FM for Hobbies forum, Sushmavarala, is going through a series of activities to organize the threads in that forum. Once that is complete, we will look into what kind of minimal indexes to maintain for easy access of the content getting posted there.

7. shobana 007

shobana 007 Gold IL'ite

thanks for the update madam,sure i am eagerly waiting for that change.thanks a lot madam