1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

When Cleaning Routine Fails...

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Sweety82, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Recently i resigned my job due to personal priorities and started to be at home 95% of the time. Initially it was difficult for me, but now i started feeling convenient. I usually managed doing all household work by myself even i had health issues and while on job. But now, i could feel free and convenient but this turned me off. because since iam at home, i could see the need to keep house clean continuously by again and again cleaning vessels, brooming, mopping cleaning bathrooms etc... I really dont know how to manage everything. Sometimes i get irritated by doing things again and again with no help. Please give me tip on scheduling the work and i want to complete everything by morning itself. I wonder many people who dont have maids and they keep their house clean always.. MY hubby usually put things randomly around the house and i am getting tired of cleaning. Waste of time seeking for his help.. no use.. He buys things and accumulate and will say "Let these be here". OMG i will get tensed. Give me tips pls............

2. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

its like younger me..

When I was is school / College .. I m just used to be like what u mentioned..

My mom hardly have to clean , As i m their full time Cleaning lady , i used to mop the floor atleast twice ( or thrice ) ..

if anyone sits of bed , then after getting up , there has to be no wrinkles on bed.. Which I just do after some one left ..

All my relatives used to appreciate mom/ dad , what a clean house.. not a single fly in rainy season ..

but when I left home for job , then They say like our full time maid left .. now our house is normal..

.. fast forward .. Full time job . No maid , i still clean house myself ..

Its good if u r doing .. but if its draining u .. Stop it .. Sweep the floor twice in a day .. N mop it once..

Even What ever u mentioned .. I still do it on weekend ... but now ignore few things..

Sweety82 likes this.
  3. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

@Sweety82 Very common scenario .I always explain my husband where to keep and what to keep!! Rules are just for me!!
    I have made a time table for myself . So even when I am not working I have things to complete on schedule and free time too..
    I keep music, positive speech or movie ( which I already saw 10 times) on just to have some sound at home ( to make me believe I am not alone!!) Keeps target before the movie over I will complete my work ..
    Neat and clean home gives so much positivity and much more compliments:cheer:

KashmirFlower and Sweety82 like this.
  4. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

Same here too.. i play songs which boosts my mind (mostly the songs which released during my teenage ;) ) , to.make me feel am not alone..then also to keep track of time.
    Music have some power to sooth ur mind too.. A To DO list helps a lot.. don't overdo..
    Keep some time for yourself. A ME Time.. which is very very essential..

penpaal and Sweety82 like this.
  5. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Oh sonal, thanks for the response...your story is funny..was jus laughing.. but i appreciate your spirit to clean up always.. folding clothes is the worst choice for me.

6. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Hey penpaal, that's a good idea yar.. to turn on music and do the job..let me give a try...

aswathyk, KashmirFlower and penpaal like this.
  7. aswathyk

aswathyk Gold IL'ite

hey....,

me too like this.

movie sounds also help me to overcome the loneliness at home.

Lol... Nice move

8. MKeerthi

MKeerthi Bronze IL'ite

Hi @sonal1611
    I thought am one that kind of, like taking of the wrinkles every time some one gets up...Happy to know someone there like me..

My parents and sister used to laugh at me whenever i do that, and for fun my sister create as much as wrinkles in bed and sofa covers everytime :) to test my patience. But when I moved out when I married ha ha :) :) who cares that now :)

@Sweety82

I could understand what you feels up doing redundant tasks with no help.
    But this is kind of cleaning up again and again will make you drain out you energy.

We did this exercise to my Mom because cleaning is a kind of obsession to her, like she dont leave even a single plate or glass in sink unattended.
    Considering her health we made her not doing so much. Try if its helps you.

Prepare a timetable for cleaning other than sweeping and Doing Dish
    Like curtain cleanings, Rearrangements of things, Terrace, Balcony clean up.

One task per day. So with that your routine is on and still you don't do the same task again.

We made her to complete any cleaning work before lunch.

Have some interesting tasks for yourself. Involve in making Handcrafts, and any DYI stuffs. Which can occupy your rest of the day.

good luck