1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When a woman inspires you.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Rohanj, May 8, 2015.

1. Rohanj

Rohanj Gold IL'ite

You know, whenever we do something or some work, there's always some motivation behind it. Isn't it so? There's always something behind your work or someone who inspires you to perform. That something can be your present situation, like say a person having a financial problems. If someone has a financial problems, just have a look at his work, his efforts, his energy. We will see that the person puts in every thing, literally every damn thing he's got in him just to get some money into his pockets to get that instability turned into stability. In this case, it was his financial condition that inspired him to perform extraordinarily at his work.

Can someone be an Inspiration? What am I talking about? Of course. There are tons and tons of example where a person was an inspiration to someone. Look at our Indian cricketers, many of them started picking up bats just because Sachin Tendulkar inspired them. Forget about cricketers, I give myself as an example where Sachin Tendulkar's attitude, nature, work ethics, behaviour was an inspiration for me. I want to add another of my inspiration, A. R. Rahman. Again I'm inspired by the his creativity, his hard working quality. I remember in one of his interview where he said that he didn't sleep for 2 days straight because he was working. 2 days straight!! Are you kidding me? I would be left unconscious if I stretch myself for that long. And one more thing, his down to earth nature. Wow!! A guy of that stature with that kind of nature!! Hats off. Not to forget Sachin, even he's extremely humble. These two gentlemen other than my parents are my biggest inspiration. There are others to, like S. Chandrasekhar. This man was one of the legends in the field of Astrophysics. Even NASA has named one of their Space Telescope after his name 'Chandra'. M. S. Dhoni our Captain cool. His cool and collected attitude under pressure cooker situation is mind blowing. Rahul Dravid is one more inspiration for his determination. Sir Issac Newton. I don't have to tell what he did. He's everywhere in the field of Science. Hey but did you know Issac Newton has done more research and study on God then he ever done in Science. Wow!! A spiritual scientist. Speaking of Spiritual scientist how can I ever forget the Buddha. I've no words to say about him. Buddha is my soulmate. He is my spiritual scientist.

Phew!!! I can go on and on and on talking about these guys once I get started. But here I'm not going to do that. Notice one thing that is common in all of my inspirations above. Yup, they are all MALE'S. Hmmm...so no woman has ever inspired me in any way? Well, the answer is a BIG FAT YES!!! They have inspired me and that's what I'm gonna share about. And no, this time I'm not going to talk about my mom or my sister. No. They were always there with me. But today I'm going to share about woman who inspired me however little, but other than my immediate family. Ok, so lets start.

As a child growing up, I always hated studying. I mean I really, really hated studying. The only time I've felt like studying was during Open house day. This was the day, where other students use to be excited as to see how much they've scored in exams. And I use to see if I've at least passed. So that I have a chance to escape from my Fathers scoldings. Only that time I use to think, 'I should've studied more yaar. Now what's gonna happen? Oh God! Why didn't I study?' Hehehe. This was the only time like I FELT like studying. But one day on Television, there was this show named as 'Pehechaan' and 'Priyanka Chopra' was the guest of honour. In that she was asked, what was her biggest regret? And she replied that her biggest regret was not able to complete her studies. And I was like WHAT??? NOT ABLE TO COMPLETE STUDIES??? BIGGEST REGRET?? She went to say that she enjoyed her studies. And again WHAT??? ENOYED?? STUDIES?? I just couldn't understand this. How can anybody enjoy studies? I just couldn't accept it. Enjoy Studying? How can anyone think like that? But that did change me for good. What Priyanka had done was that she gave me a new perspective to see studies. She was telling me that, look you can also enjoy studying, yes, it's going to be fun, try it. And I did looked a little differently at studying. I didn't change immediately and started studying only to appear as topper in my class. No. But her statements were like slow poison, who started to really affect me in my later stages of student life and I'm here today.

Have you guys ever been through a situation where someone makes fun of you in front of everybody for something or for some work that you've done and you can do nothing about it but to suppress that hurt and anger inside you. And after that who decide that 'Wait until next time, I'll show you what I'm made of'. Then you perform to shut your critics up. Well, I had a sort of similar situation. It was again during my school days and it was exam time. But just before the day of our exams, there was 'Makar Sankrati'. On that day my moms friend showed up for giving 'Til Gul'. She came with her daughter who I knew very well. After giving this Til Gul sweet, I bow down to touch my moms and her friends feet for blessing. While I was touching their feet, this girl also stuck her feet in front of my hands. I saw that and looked up to see who was it. I saw her, and she said
    'Go on, go on, touch my feet. You'll be blessed. You also have exams tomorrow you'll need it.'
    And everybody in that hall started laughing. I was furious but I didn't loose my control. It was showing on my face and even she saw that. She didnt feel bad about it, she was enjoying it rather which added to my rage. I was a little kid at that time. I said in my mind,
    'Oh, I don't need your blessing for my exams. I can do very well without it. Just wait and watch'
    And I studied double hard for my exams. And I did exceedingly well. When I look back, this girl didn't give me good experience at first. But she did change my life then. Marks were important. Inspiration is not always positive, even negative comments can inspire you to do well.

I'm facing a problem with my hairs. Lots of hair fall is going on and my hair line is creeping backwards which is making me anxious. So I decided to take treatment for the same. I opted for Richfeel, as I think people over there are very good at this. They can handle every kind of patients related to hair problems. I went there and they suggested a treatment which took about 45 mins every month. There are people recruited for giving this treatment to the patient. For me there was this woman name Priya(Name changed) who would give me my scalp treatment. Priya was very jolly person, always smiling, always laughing, very very talkative, and a bubbly person. When I'm with her those 45 minutes went away very quickly. She would keep talking, laughing, and you can talk about anything with her. I always enjoyed my treatment session with Priya. Our views were very opposite. What she liked, I didn't. And what I liked, she didn't. We didn't have any common interest so keep the talk going. But still, she made our conversation very easy and funny. I liked her very much. But one day, I came to know something about her which increased my respect for her ton times. I came to that she is a divorcee. She was not treated well by her husband. She had a child, a daughter. She fought for her custody, but sadly she also lost the custody of her daughter. She is staying with her parents. Her parents are supportive, which is good. Her collegues at her work place are always trying to dominate her. Overall everyday is just like a battle for her. But she always keeps a smiling face and laughs at her problems. Such a brave heart and an inspiration Priya is. I imagined that if something like this had happened to me then? This very thought increases my respect for Priya. It's not easy for her. I hope to see her happy in her coming future. I really do.

Ok, now it's time to wrap up this long but beautiful post. I wanted to add more, may be I'll add some other time. All I can say is, when a woman inspires you, she inspires you to do well. But she also does something that only she can do, and that is to shape you as good person.

I want to end this with a Sloka from Narayani Stotrum which I dedicate to all woman who has inspired me.

Saranagatha deenaartha, parithrana parayane,
    Sarvsyarthi hare devi, narayani namosthuthe.​

Meaning:-Hey Goddess, who takes care of those who surrender to you and those who are suffering, Hey Goddess who removes all sufferings from the entire world, Our salutations to you, Narayani.

5 people like this.

2. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Lovely written post with the lovely message. I am thinking about who has inspired me and inspiring me. I have a huge list to cover. What also I am realising it , in each and every one we will have characteristics to inspire us. Very nice indeed.
    Vani

1 person likes this.
  3. Rohanj

Rohanj Gold IL'ite

Thank you very much. Glad that my inspiration inspired you to think about your inspirations. You are absolutely true when you say that each and everyone has some inherent potential to inspire us someway in something.

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Rohan

That was a nice one by so many people you are inspired. I liked priya the most.

I am always inspired by 2 people in my life one is my FIL unfortunate he is no more today. Even though he was uneducated he use to always run with the time. He always forced his kids to get educated. Worked very hard but never will you see stress or sadness on his face. A very cheerful man. Always encouraged us to do what we wish to do.
    Secondly my Dad. He has seen so many ups and downs in life but never ever did he complain about anything. But he use to teach us if there is downfall in life there is something interesting waiting for you in future. So learn to let go things that come in your way, that makes you sad.
    I don't wish to write much in detail about these people or my post will get longer than yours. So just one thing about each one of them. These 2 will always remain in my heart for every.
    See even I am inspired by men:)

2 people like this.
  5. Rohanj

Rohanj Gold IL'ite

Yes!! We can get inspired by anybody.
    Please!! Do write about your inspirations. It doesn't matter whose post is longer. What matters is that you share your inspiration with some example, it might change others life. I'll tell you, I was also inspired by Hitler. I heard that Hitler never use to leave anything on the plate while having dinner, or lunch, or breakfast. Whatever he use to get, he use to finish it. When I heard that, I thought a man as evil as Hitler can finish his food, why can't I do that. From that day, I made a point that I'll never leave my breakfast, lunch and dinner unfinished. My message is that, do post it with some example. It might bring a change in anybody's life.