1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Wheat Flour: What brands do you get in US/CA

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by svm33m, Jan 20, 2007.

1. selviik

selviik Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Hope i m not late in giving my two cents.

The brand i use here in USA is Nature Best whole wheat atta for past 4 yrs.I tried other brands like Golden temple and finally settled with this one.I have not tried the popular Sujatha brand.Before this i was using Nature fresh in India.

2. sihi

sihi Senior IL'ite

I am using Bhavani brand whole wheat atta from past 3-4 months and am liking it better than Sujatha atta. Earlier I had used Sujatha, Lakshmi and Golden temple. From my experience, Lakshmi brand atta is good but it requires a lot of kneading to get good soft rotis. Sujatha is good too.
    We get Bhavani brand in PA, NJ areas......

3. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

Earlier I was using golden temple but found it maida mixed.Then I used swad bhalia atta too good no maida.Now we moved and did't find swad here so now using sujata chakki atta.This is also very gud.

4. Lavi

Lavi New IL'ite

I am using Golden Temple but its not good at all. I have an option of Lakshmi and Sujata. Can someone who has used both tell me which one i should opt for?

5. nyeturi

nyeturi New IL'ite

Hi I am using Golden Temple atta that is really good and chapatis are very soft till 3 days, but remember u have to buy only purple colour bag that is pure wheat flour and other bags mixed with maida.

6. rekhas

rekhas Senior IL'ite

We use Nature's Best. The rotis come out soft. I recommend it.

7. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

I have been using Sujatha Atta since 2 years. Rotis come out really well. This brand reminds me of Pillsbury chakki fresh aatta i used in India..

8. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Re: Hi,

Hi Selvi,

Where do you get the Nature's Best WHole wheat atta? I got this Golden temple recently and not happy with it. Before I used to buy Laxmi atta...the rotis became hard after sometime. Then i was happy with Sujata atta...now it is totally out of stock in Virginia.

Half heartedly using Golden temple now.
    Also tried this new Shakthi brand ( on the advice of the shop owner) but returned the 20 lb bag since the attas came out like Appalams!

So give ur suggestions and the place to get this Nature's Best!
    Thanks
    Jithiks(krithika)

9. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Golden temple.. but as someone suggested earlier.. got to buy the right one !! others are maida mixed :) I recommend it !

10. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

I am using Golden Temple now. It is a white color packet. The chapathis are soft as soon as we make it, but for carrying @ lunch, it becomes hard and rubbery!

What other kind of Golden temple is there? Is there anything specially marked on it?

Thanks
    Jithiks(Krithika)