1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whatsapp Group

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by SGBV, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Ragini are you sure that you are rationing your time on IL? You may not be posting that often but you are well aware of the happenings in all the threads.

Sorry @SGBV

vaidehi71 likes this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That is still way too much time to one whatsapp group.

Read what you wrote. He doesn't like... but is OK.

Ragini is not really so wrong. Spending that much time on whatsapp and a group, and then spending more time on it by communicating events/updates to DH... That is way too much time and mental energy being expended on people that are not family.

And that guy, being the only male in a group of 4, and posting adult jokes... kind of odd.

On a general note, any group discussion soon gets into these politics. Just today, I held myself back from posting a thing about Brexit in one group with UK residents. In almost any group, I've noticed that the group members end up having 1-1 whatsapp communication about the group's communication.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  3. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Honestly, connections you are telling here between A, B and C seems really weird!! This A, B and C seems immature!!
    It is not that hard if you want to get out of a particular whatsapp group. Just switch of the notification and clear the chat history once in a while . Once in a while you can send good morning or good night. If you don't respond for every other messages in the group, they also will think,you may be really busy :)

sindmani and SGBV like this.
  4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Oh.., Sorry about it.

It is fun. There is no problem for me or my family in this regard. I am able to balance, and I definitely use this whatsapp group when I am least/not needed for the family.
    The problem is, A has some sort of understanding/affection with C. It looks like emotional affair. Not sure how C feels about A. But I heard from B (A's close friend, and my friend too) that A apparently dislikes the attention C gives to me due to possessiveness. She also warned me that A was really aggressive and harsh with a woman who apparently tried to have some friendship with C in the past.
    This warning kind of confused me. I know C is genuinely trying to know more about me, and becoming friendly. While continuing his friendship with A, he shows interest in sharing things with me as well - although in the group. He doesn't directly or interestingly communicate with B - the other member.
    A has never spoken this with me, never showed faces or even misbehaved. She is fine, and inviting me to the group when I am busy with other stuff. Just that B warned me, so I was confused.

This sounds a wonderful advice. In fact, I've started to call him bro in a funnier way now. Thanks for this msg.

5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana

I usually wake up in the morning and spend a few mins in wishing my whatsapp members Good morning while in bed.
    By this time my H or kids would be in deep sleep. I do my chores and avail myself more than how much they want me.
    At office and then in the eve, and finally after everyone went to their beds, I check on my whatsapp and post only if I am free.
    Mostly it is when my H is hooked to his TV after dinner, mom is completely lost herself in the soaps, and kids are in deep sleep at around 9.30-10.30pm. That 1 hr is my me time, and I enjoy roaming around with my besties in whatsapp.

My husband doesn't like this because this particular group seem problematic due to A's and C's alleged emotional affair. Since B warned me to take precautions, my H suggested the same. That's why he suggested me to leave this group too.
    He doesn't like this, but my life is not always about him. It is my personal space, and I really like this. Just that, I want to get out of this one, since it seems problematic.

You are wrong. Spending that much of time in whatsapp sound as if I am spending 1/2 of my day there. That's not the case.
    I spend my free time in whatsapp, and now a days most of my free time is allocated for this group as it is a new thing.
    Speaking about this group's matter with H is something we both casually do. He shares info about his friends, colleagues etc... so I do the same. We were best friends before we became H and W. So, this is a normal practice.

I completely agree the last para...

sindmani and Rihana like this.
  6. Itsmylife143

Itsmylife143 Platinum IL'ite

@SGBV Any decision you made it?? still waiting for more response??

7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

A small update here...

I became extremely busy over the last couple of days. My kids became sick after a trip to some crowded place. Thus I had to attend to their needs full time. I was emotionally upset and feeling so low since my kids were sick. So I did not touch my phone, not even the calls or news.

Kids recovered in 2 days, and everything became normal in the mean time. However, I've lost interest and the craze about this new whatsapp group after this gap.
    There were so many conversations that I missed. I really have no time to catch up with everything.
    I just notified them about my present state, and made this one as a great excuse to escape from it.

From here onwards, i will keep my profile very low there.

8. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

@SGBV good u came out of it.
    However, dont limit your time with IL. We will miss u :disappointed:

9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I have no plan to limit my time in social media, including IL.
    I've just limited my interaction with this particular whatsapp group, since the members have a different opinion which is tricky. I don't want any problems.
    I am still actively participating in FB, and other whatsapp groups. And more importantly manage my time to balance my family, career etc with this

Itsmylife143 likes this.
  10. anupartha

anupartha Gold IL'ite

Peace. Glad all is well in SGBV'S world.