Whats Your ???

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Desiindian, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Desiindian

Desiindian Gold IL'ite

Been a member of this site, and a silent reader for more than 10 years. I feel like south indians write or post more threads than other region people in India. Among them I too get a vibe tamilian are more in this site. For example, I read Bigg Boss Tamil series thread, couldn't find other language BB thread. Hindi is exceptional here. Recent thread about not fav actors by rihanna, has more comments hindi comments from SI and tamils in a day. Only in recipes thread I see rajasthani, gujarati and other regional recipes by ILites, otherwise I don't see much threads from other part of people from India

Am I missing something in this site. Is it because educated class in other part of india?(Like east India, Rajasthan, Orissa, kashmir.....) got no idea about this site
    Am I missing something here?

**This thread is not intended to project any group as superior/inferior/intellectual.

2. netflx

netflx Gold IL'ite

Anyone is free to register and post, there is no discrimination.
    it is possible you may be looking at India section (if you click link)
    which has various regions listed so it is India wide, as far as frequency - possible that word of mouth spread may be lesser for some regions.

3. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Yes, even I noticed it is mostly Tamil speaking Indians on this site .
    There must have been more Tamil speakers initially, and then spread through word of mouth among their acquaintances.

joylokhi likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

SI & tamils are not for business. They look for only simple living and high thinking. So they naturally like answering and contributing. This only my presumption. I might be opinionated.

Few from Bengaluru and a few from mumbai contribute in media/ Bhakthi.
    Most responses and thread are from other parts which in India one begins to view from ten PM onwards. Thread contributors are far and few between.

:hello: Ref Second part of the quote above - how can the educated class in India can be a cause for missing something in this site. It needs elaboration to answer.

I am glad that a member from Brazil writes her observation.
    This is the first time I see a fellow member post with concern about minimal contribution from India members and those who do contribute are tamil speaking persons.

Thanks and Regards.

5. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  6. Thyagarajan

Though the text of your response to mine is missing in the box above, the contents could be seen in alert message.
    I agree with generous observation about Indian contributors and tamil disseminators.
    Thanks and Regards.

nakshatra1 likes this.
  7. GregoriaBoul

GregoriaBoul Silver IL'ite

I think it is indeed an Indian site

8. Thyagarajan

:hello:
    About Us - Indusladies.com
    This link would dispel all your apprehensions or otherwise about this indusladies community.

One would read from the founder, the laudable objectives of this site of largest Indian community all around the world

Regards.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  9. DavenaRosalie

DavenaRosalie Silver IL'ite