1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What's your opinion??

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by chocogal26, Mar 11, 2013.

1. chocogal26

chocogal26 Platinum IL'ite

Dear ILs,

Please give me opinion about this......

A Girl married at age 23 and have baby at age 24. Now Baby is 2 yr old and mother is 26 yr old.
    She lives in a society apartments, where some families like:-
    1. one family :-husband, wife ,d daughter (22 yr old) college going girl, 24 yr old boy just finished his PG .

2. one aparment : 4 boys are last sem of B-Tech (will be around 22-23 yrs)

They call her AUNTY..... is it ok, Girl feels like too old, they are just 2-3 yrs younger than her, but they calls her Aunty.
    In our culture we calls aunty who is similar age of our mother or 5-6 yrs lesser than mother.

Is this justified, they call her Aunty???? Should she think, she got baby so early, thats why they are doing like this???

Is this happen with you also, some one had child at young age and just 2-4 yrs younger girls, n boys calls her aunty.

My mother says, they are giving respect, inspite of feeling respect, feels like sooo old.

Give me your opinion please....

2. anuja2509

anuja2509 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I can understand as similar kind of incident happened to me, little weird feeling. Instead of calling aunty they can call sister or didi. But you cannot make other think the way you... so late it be ...
    but always you feel younger from your heart..

2 people like this.
  3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

i also like you got married at the age of 23 and had my baby by my 25th birthday.

No this has never happened to me but yes i am the sinner here....i have done it to many.
    I will tell you the situations like my mother's kitty party friends i used to end up calling many ladies "aunty" without realising that they are much younger to my mother and closer to my age.But cant help some people do look older than their age(I am not making fun of them here).
    Then the age diffrence between my father and his youngest brother is close to 16yrs.So my uncle got married to my "aunty" who is actually just 5-6 years elder to me.But she inssited that we all(me and my cousins) call her "aunty" because that way she would get more respect.I cant agree more.
    But yes sometimes when i go out with her for shopping(we chill together a lot :) ) and when i call her "aunty" infront of the sales executives..the sales executives go "what?? she's your aunty"
    And we both smile.
    So chill!! dont worry about who calls you what?? Its not such a big deal...and dont waste your time thinking on such petty issues

3 people like this.
  4. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Chcogal , the one who gets married and gets children early remain young for long.

I got married when i was 25 and got my first kid within a year and my daughter is 5 yrs now and i want a second kid and also feel that am too old to ahve a kid :) you are lucky that you are in better stage compared to mine.. you would still be young when your kid grows up and would ahve all energy to do the much needed favour for your son / daughter when they get married and get kids.

Why bother about others what they think of you.. you must be having your own plans for life na? please go ahead with them.. and mingle with those who are home makers or stay at home moms like you.

your body can all be flexible and much easier to get back to shape compared to your counterparts you envy of.. they look too old once thy have a kid ( my personal experience) where as you tend to look young for longer :)

Try to get along with people who are like you ( married woith kids and at home) . Why look at yearn at something that you can do nothing about now?

In my personal opinion you are in a very comfortable state than many others.
    Cheer up!

1 person likes this.
  5. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

My first niece is 7 years younger than me..my first bro and i have a huge age gap..can u imagine, I was an aunty at 7. Now im in my early 30s..she is in her 20s..has a kid and I'm the kids grand aunt!!! When I visited her in hospital...she told her frenz...look this is my aunt...I cld see the shock in their faces...and then my mil tells me..hey u are a grand aunt now...how can u wear jeans and t shirt...hahahaha...

2 people like this.
  6. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Yep it is defintely irritating to hear someone few years younger to you say that..All you can do is to tell them whenever they mention the word 'Aunty' that you are only xxx years elder and no way can they call so.The best thing is to say it directly..the same thing happened to my sister,imagine a mother of 1 yr girl calling a mother of 5yrs boy 'Aunty'..My sister used to be so damn pissed..She told her directly,and then the lady stopped saying that...

When there are these type of species existing,there is also a different kind existing..My aunt who has a married daughter says she will make her future grandchild call her as 'AUNTY':bonk...

2 people like this.
  7. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

:hide: I used to call my neighbour as aunty and I recently came to know she is not as old as she appears.. it all started out of respect ..now I am just swallowing the salutations and simply rearranging the sentence to avoid the Aunty (anti) word.

1 person likes this.
  8. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

No need for her to respond if called aunty, if they do not want to cal her didi, they can use her daughter's name or husband 's name to get her to respond, are you sure they are not doing it on purpose? Or best is to reply with 'yes uncle'!

2 people like this.
  9. chocogal26

chocogal26 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks to all of you.....for your valuable advises. IL's always helps to sort out any kind of issues....happy to be the part of this ILs....Luv u all once again for ur suggestions!!!

10. arka

arka Junior IL'ite

ha...ha...haa... I too have such interesting incidents... "double embarrassed"

I got married at 21yrs and moved to a township with my husband. My neighbors son who was in btech 3rd year (~20yrs) had come to my house to give their spare house keys and I was dumbstruck when he said "thanx aunty.." I didnt know what to say because I was referred to as a senior till then to the 3rd years and now suddenly .. I had mixed feelings !!
    Then as if this was not enough ... that evening during a party.... my same neighbour (I heard people calling her as bhabhi) came up to me and introduced her husband and kept referring him as my "BHAIYYA" ..... "ki tumhare bhaiyya ko no..." and so on (he would be my dads age)

All this on the first day I moved with my husband to colony !!!

2 people like this.