1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What's Your Hubby's Reaction To A Messy Home?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SeekingMind, Sep 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. sanskruthi

sanskruthi Silver IL'ite

Same here.

2. Suparni

Suparni Platinum IL'ite

I have realized that the simple way to avoid mess is to reduce the items required..........even in kitchen, I have a separate shelf for vessels or jars that i use frequently..........the other ones used on festival days or ingredients for special dishes made rarely are kept away from regular reach............So with fewer Items I can clean them easily...............

Same with Living room and bedroom........only frequently used items outside..........others in attic............easier to clean:)

KashmirFlower and SeekingMind like this.
  3. kiranraj

kiranraj New IL'ite

My Hubby got a good technique, generally my house is clean n neat, whenever Im lil lazy to keep the things, He calls some guests for a lunch r dinner, then surprisingly n automatically house is clean n tidy , it's just to put check my lazyness, at the same time he helps me a lot in doing so.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2016
    rai, Rise and SeekingMind like this.
  4. centsibleindian

centsibleindian Silver IL'ite

Hubby is a clean freak and I was the unclean one. I realized it's important to keep the house clean for his sanity. I slowly started putting together a plan for everything. I changed over time and follow a routine to clean the house and plan day to day responsibilities.

Some of the examples are,
    weekly menu planning - and I share my menu publicly and that creates accountability
    cleaning sheet by week, month etc

Let me tell you.. I involve my husband in cleaning the house. He does part of the cleaning and we do quick 10 minutes cleaning at the end of every day.

Our house is not picture perfect, but at least presentable if anyone comes home unannounced.

SeekingMind likes this.
  5. mfbtnuae

mfbtnuae Senior IL'ite

Same in my house . My motto is " if you are bothered by it do something about it" no whining no pointing fingers. I have not taken exclusive contract for keeping the house tidy

6. GeethaMadhuri86

GeethaMadhuri86 Senior IL'ite

he cleans vessels... i do some of the hall work..that how it works

SeekingMind likes this.
  7. rams1980

rams1980 New IL'ite

She doesn't keep things organized. And when I say something her reaction would be - 'this is how it is going to be. You can either stay or leave'.
    That's our relation. Cant stay in - Can't get out !!!

SeekingMind likes this.
  8. CoolPie

CoolPie Silver IL'ite

Sometimes our house is presentable and sometimes not. Usually when I have maids, aftr the maid leaves, the house will wear a clean look. But I make it sure to resemble star hotel rooms when the guests are coming.
    The internet sucks most of my time, else the time would be dedicated to cleaning. Awww... However i try, i couldnt get rid of this addiction.

And while the guests are coming, I have to lecture my Dh everytime not to change position of things until they arrive and atleast have a first look. And some things which are to be kept inside the cupboards, he tries to display proudly and it gets on my nerves.
    I want him to sit in a place quietly and watch something on his ipad when i am cleaning before the guests arrive. Tat would be the best help he can do.

9. Pia2016

Pia2016 New IL'ite

This makes me feel so much better. I am actually angry at DH over an argument today morning regarding my housekeeping skills. He said this house doesnt look like a woman is staying in here!! That got to my nerves - and it all started because our flat entrance mat looked a little dirty. I was planning to scrub it this weekend. I do all the cleaning and organizing work in the mornings before work and Fridays when he is out playing cricket or with friends, I guess thats the reason he says " I have never seen you do this/that! " :BangHead:In fact, my house is really clean and organized enough that I dont panic when guests come home. Its not perfect but I am not boasting when I say its so much better than my neighbors!! We dont have kids yet, we both work 2 shifts a day morning and evening and in between I tidy up, wash our clothes and cook all by myself. The only thing he does is water the plants, put up the laundry outside sometimes or vacuum the house occasionally if I insist. DH almost never even cares whats going on and he has learnt to adjust to our routine but when he does complain, Aaarghhh!!!:scream:

Well, I feel a bit better pouring it out here and luckily for me, this thread caught my eye. Nevertheless, silent treatment for the day is already on. :hmmm:

Just a line on how I try to avoid a messy house, keep only stuff you really need at home. If you have not used something for more than 1-2 years, either throw it away or gather such stuff in a box and keep away or donate it. It helps with easier dusting, cleaning and organizing. Also, every morning just spend 15 mins to go around the house and tidy up the sofas, dining table, dressing table, kitchen counters, etc if you are a busy homemaker/working woman. Most men dont see the effort anyway :shakehead: - just relax.

dimhere and SeekingMind like this.
  10. Lakshmi6197

Lakshmi6197 Gold IL'ite

To get him to realize how much you do, just don't do it for a week. Result will be obvious. No explanation required.

Pia2016 likes this.