1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What's Your Hubby's Reaction To A Messy Home?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SeekingMind, Sep 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RubyRaj

RubyRaj New IL'ite

Lucky u

kcb likes this.
  2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

:banana::banana::banana:

3. sanskruthi

sanskruthi Silver IL'ite

He doesn't notice and his standard reply when I ask him to clean ===>
    Anyway you are not satisfied with my work and do it again, so you better do it yourself and be happy.
    PS: I am considered Monica Geller of my home.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    beautifullife30 likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I was raised in a clean environment when I was a child. My dad used to clean everything over the weekend including scooters, cycles, refrigerator, etc. as a routine, while my mom used to clean the shelves. She normally likes to keep a newspaper on top of the wood before placing anything above it so that the wood will never get destroyed by spilling. I have learned from my dad that I should keep things in the same place every time so that I don't have to search for things.

When I talked proudly about such a wonderful environment and told her to maintain home like my parents, she clearly told me, "Go and clean all the equipment". Those wonderful words were enough to open my eyes to compromise on cleanliness. I still keep things in the same place but don't worry too much about clean home. After crossing the age of 50, I realized that without my contributions, it is difficult for her to do it herself.

Even now, my wife and son leave car keys, glasses, etc. at the nearest spot or where they were after entering the house and forget where they left them. I have formed a habit of watching what they do when they come in and I am the helping hand to tell them where to find them.

Sometimes, I joke to them that I should build a pit in the living room so that they could throw everything on arrival and at least it will be easy to find all of them. We clean only when we invite guests or we were to perform a pooja at home. Of course, we have maid service coming every 15 days to clean home. We have developed a philosophy that the weekends are to enjoy and not to clean home. :)

Viswa

coolgal123, CoolPie, soulful and 2 others like this.
  5. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

this can be shown to him :)

Viswamitra likes this.
  6. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

That's the best philosophy! We spent a long time doing laundry, cleaning etc. over a few weekends back in those days and quickly realised how stressed it made us. It's best to put things away then and there, do chores through the week and chill out over the weekend. Otherwise life became very boring.

CoolPie, KashmirFlower and Viswamitra like this.
  7. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

My DH doesn't notice a messy house....he has a very selective vision which doesn't look at anything disorganised. He will still keep doing his work. It is me who is hell bent on cleaning.

If i leave the house for a day or two.....then my house turns completely upside down....thanks to my DH n my kids.

sanskruthi likes this.
  8. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Hi fi to that!

sanskruthi likes this.
  9. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

Viswa Sir, I have the same problem. I am always looking for my glasses. I can't ever, for the life of me, remember where I placed them. My husband always helped me find it but finally tired of all that, he got an extra pair, so i would have glasses to look for my glasses. And what did I do? I promptly misplaced BOTH pairs of glasses! I know I know....

P.S. if you are wondering how I misplaced both, I put on the second pair and simply stopped looking for the first.

10. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

I read a few posts and said me too. We clean the home before cleaners can even see the place to clean. There is a bedroo
    Dedicated just to dump the washed laundry. That's the most painful part of everything. Guess I'm not the only one who cleans the living room and dumps everything in boxes and in rest of the rooms before guests come. I always used to wonder how come others' home is so neat? Our home used to be spic and spam too before our toddler arrived. Now we are too lazy to clean.

justanothergirl likes this.