1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What's Your Hubby's Reaction To A Messy Home?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SeekingMind, Sep 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

Now that most of us need help, those who has the ' staged' house should give in some tips how they keep that way. My kids being not so young, if i still fail to keep a tidy house, where exactly am i failing ?:(

Amica and justanothergirl like this.
  2. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

House condition: My DH's reaction
    1. If hose is messy : No reaction (usual day it is how our house is when he is back from work)
    2. If house is organized and everything in order: Has someone came? or anyone visiting today? LOL

3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Married to a hoarder. The guy cannot part with anything . He is attached to every bike that my kids rode ( ya we have a whole collection from 2yrs -now),every soccer shoe they wore,their first bags,their first lunch box,the first shirt I gave him,anything I ever gave him :hearteyes: ...everytime I talk him into giving them away...he bravely goes so far as taking them from their places and then gets all mushy and tells the story of how cute and small they were :facepalm: and how time flies etc etc etc and as if that is not enough he brings out their baby videos and the whole brood watches together. That is pretty much the end of all my lets clear clutter initiative.:BangHead:

4. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

If u find out start a thread and we will promptly show up to get some gyan...:coldsweat:

songbird46, Amica and peartree like this.
  5. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

You said " start a thread" .. Tagging @Rihana . :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

ashima10, dimhere, Amica and 3 others like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Heh heh... to start such thread I need to be either seeking housekeeping tips or dishing them out... currently ineligible for both. : ) For now, I am content with the clutter.... : ) I am the Gruhaswamini - mistress of my abode, clutter and all....... :wink:

I had a friend who used to joke about messy house: if there was a robbery, police wouldn't know where to look for fingerprints. : )

BTW for those actually serious about uncluttering, there are some threads in the "At Home" forum. At Home I took one look at the threads.. it made me long for a nap..... : )

justanothergirl likes this.
  7. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

JAG, don't the clothes become super crumpled? Either too rumpled to wear without ironing or too tough to iron?? I hate ironing, so I rush to the dryer as soon as it is done, and fold clothes straight from the dryer while they're super hot, just to avoid the damn ironing.

This might make you all think me/house is super clean, but haha, far from the truth. DH may not notice hampers of clothes around, or dishes piled high with no counter space, but will notice a single Q-tip (earbuds) on the floor of the bathroom (UNUSED, okay!) and lecture on how disgusting it looks!!

So acc to him if the Q-tips are nowhere to be seen, the house is clean!
    P.S: Am addicted to digging my ears for no reason, as I listen to a lot of audio on headphones for work, and my ears strangely feel FULL(?) all the time. TMI!!

8. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

He is ok until I ask him to clean :p

My reply if he asks: if everyone kept things back to original it will not be messy, not only me

SeekingMind likes this.
  9. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

19 likes only for last line of the post :roflmao:

10. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

This you have to hear, dearies! The man of the house placed a copy of The Good Housekeeping magazine on the bedside table on Friday. Some promo at work with different of free magazines and this is the one he chooses...

It sat untouched that evening and I shoved it in his hands this morning not bearing to open it and look myself at the pristine homes. A couple of minutes later he says quite disappointed, "what is this? Everything is just about feminism or fashion. There seems to be nothing about housekeeping."

There really wasn't anything about housekeeping except some 2 page thing about designer furniture! Even they'be given up or so it seems!

SeekingMind and justanothergirl like this.