1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What's Your Hubby's Reaction To A Messy Home?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SeekingMind, Sep 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

What is my husband's reaction to a messy home: Nothing... He doesn't see the mess.
    But if the house is clean and tidy by the time he enters the house, he recognize that and appreciate me for it.

I can't stand a messy home. So, the moment I enter the house, will be the starting time for my cleaning chores.
    Although we have a maid to clean all that during the day, my kids will make everything a mess by the evening - that's when mostly we expect visitors.
    Fortunately or unfortunately we receive so many visitors, so it is indeed a must to do to keep the home presentable at any time.
    However, with messy kids around, I somehow manage to keep the living room and other visible places tidy. I often change the bathroom mats and towels, and also the curtains. The kitchen is almost spotless, and the garden is neat too.
    But that's not the case inside the bedroom or even deep inside the cupboards.
    Although I make conscious effort to re-arrange the cupboards and change the bedding often, it does never stay neat more than a day.
    Thank God that we have some thick curtains that covers the visible places of our rooms from the sight of the visitors who stay in the living room, and think what a tidy house is this.

But like many of your husbands, mine too is very proud of our house. Specially the building and the costly doors/windows. Thus he takes the visitors for a free house tour on a completely unexpected time.
    While he proudly preaches about the costly woods he brought from here and there, my heart would boil inside for the messiness that is shown to the visitors. That too in contrast to the perfect living room.
    Particularly the visitors who are suppose to see the woods and windows, would end up commenting on the unfolded cloths piled up in the bed or chairs of the living room.

Now a days I make sure everyone works towards a clean home. The folding job is done by all, including the kids.
    I make it as a priority, so the kids and the older kid (H) knows that mummy won't cook unless she completes the cleaning chores. So they join hands with me to make the work easy and quickly to have early meals as a result.
    So, our house is fairly clean both inside and outside at any day.

When it comes to home management, I think I am fairly a good leader. I work, as well I make others work towards the same goal.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

To be fair to me...my living room and bathrooms are always perfect and guest ready.
    The bedrooms look fine if you don't open the cupboards .
    Kids room is their headache now...it is a war zone ...but the third bedroom:fearscream:

My husband does not throw away any thing that has a motor. The last three mixers have been dismantled and stored.No washer,no nut ,no bolt ,no screw or wire leaves the house ever. someday in the future ,he is going to build a giant contraption with a billion little motors....:fearful:

I store every little piece of paper my daughters have drawn ,every little booty etc.....someday I will show it to their kids so that they go...awwwww!

3. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

i was so waiting for your slapstick reply so that i could proudly show it him...lekin ye to pasa palat gaya! ok.

Rihana likes this.
  4. yellowmango

Just hope your kids are like him...then train them well.:smilingimp:
    No such luck here.
    We get transferred every few years. We do try to reduce the hoard that time.
    During one such reduction exercise...we both managed to reduce a big pile to be disposed off....finally went of to sleep feeling light.
    When we got up late the next day....a part of the pile had moved into the kids room.The girls were so excited "dekho hame kya kya mila?"(look what all we found):(

kaniths likes this.
  5. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

oh no....kids should be like me. balanced and flexible and average home keeping skills.
    with perfection comes stubbornness, rigidity nd sense of superiority. Dimmag me tension alag.

Iam not sure if you watch friends...but he is Monica geller.

songbird46 likes this.
  6. yellowmango

Just hand him the broom and the mop girl....that is the only way to survive a 'Monica geller'........just put on your head phones and let him scrub.:)

guesshoo and kaniths like this.
  7. APS45

APS45 Silver IL'ite

Interesting, I am not alone. Now, my 11 year old son has already assumed in-charge of all such items in our home, motors from toys to mixers to exhaust fan, transformers, batteries, wires, plugs, switches, worn out automotive spares, door, window, plumping accessories etc etc, and even rusted bolts and nuts, enough to fill a junk shop. But the good thing is that, he has learned to do use tools, few repairing, assemble items to make electronic toys like motorized crane, some junks are always useful to keep the kids engaged, peaceful summer holidays. Only problem, my tools also not in place where it supposed to be (except driller, multi-meter and soldering iron, which he is banned to use as of now) he freely takes and keeps somewhere and forget that.

8. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

Your posts made such an interesting read. Thanks all.

And how about the stuff we get from those seminars and conferences. We are so attracted to take those free promotional stuff and that just adds to the clutter.

guesshoo likes this.
  9. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

If my husband and I ever get divorced, this will be the reason!!! He goes to too many of these and he acts like a kid at a candy store. We have water bottles from pretty much every semi-conductor company, those little stress-buster toys that he insists we can keep in our Navrathri display :)BangHead:) and those tee-shirts that stop looking like tee-shirts after one wash!!! Insulated coffee mugs - we have more of those than the actual quantity of coffee we consume. When I get into one of my grumpy moods about the clutter, he will immediately that he has kept those to give to our parents. And our parents are worse.... they will take these things and put it in the showcase back in India :rolleye:

10. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

if my husband sees messy house - he will throw me and kids out of the house :)
    offcourse he does all the cleaning though but we have to maintain it without dropping stuff on floors.
    my father was not clean at all and my husband is opposite to my father. I am little bit happy about it but also it hits my nerves as well. He won't bother much about counters and all he cares is floors.
    If we expect any guest, he would be sleeping floors 5 times from morning to evening without offering any other help to me :-( .You guys should see me that day, I will super mad at him and he won't let me cook also peacefully.
    When you cook in kithen,we need to cook like queens where not to worry what falling on the ground right?.
    This cleaning freak will be after me for every two hours cleaning my kitchen. God save me.:)