1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What's Your Hubby's Reaction To A Messy Home?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SeekingMind, Sep 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Oh u lovely women today JAG shall sleep soundly knowing there are more rooms and beds laden with laundry.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

My DH never even notices that the house is a mess!
    After some yelling or cajoling, he will take the vacuum cleaner and clean the carpet..
    If he wants to make me happy he will vacuum
    If he is sad he will vacuum
    If he is angry he will vacuum
    He feels like he has over achieved with this vacuum cleaner and he will say "see..I helped you clean our house".
    lol

3. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

@anika987 saaame vacuum situation...
    I'd run out with child for some class giving instruction to vacuum. Wouldn't have happened when I return. He'll say it's because I didn't tidy up before - that is pick child's crayons, toys, cushions etc off he floor! The lazy rascal. A stern look and a threat of no dinner will make him push child into tidying up herself. She will pick up 4 crayons, remember her discarded drawing and fetch more colour pens to jazz it up. It will go on until i return to sit he down and explain she has to tidy up and move to her desk. She will complain that she's the one doing all the work just like Cinderella; how she wishes her fairy God mother would gobble up these two mean step-sisters (me and her dad -don't ask why Godmother is confused with the big bad wolf) Then I'd go to supervise and help child while dinner is spilling over. Sir will eventually get up from sofa, vacuum over and over the same spot and pretend he's done major chunk of the work while I figure out a way to burn his favourite food and make it look like an accident...

5. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

@guesshoo @anika987

My DH has the vacuum syndrome too. He will not do often. He will not take it up as "his" chore. Apparently he likes the flexibility that comes with it not being his chore.

Oh and the day he picks up the vacuum, he will do ONE room exactly, for ONE hour and then say "will you do the rest, I am bored!":BangHead::facepalm:. So then I pick it up and do the rest of the rooms in say 15 minutes and he says - How can you even think everything is clean in just 15 minutes. My response - Because I do it often, there isn't much to do!

He also has a bunch of cleaning solutions which I consider a pain. I tell him - it is all soap, so just pick one! NOPE... I always lose. When we move, we have at least one box dedicated solely to cleaning supplies. :sconf:. I can say my DH hoards cleaning supplies

6. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Ah! I know such people too. Maybe they are the same? I'd drop in unannounced and there'd be exactly 2 freshly laundered t-shirts on sofa which they are in the process of putting away and they'll be apologising for the terrible mess in their house... Their house is a haven and they serve excellent tea and snacks graciously. I think they love tidying up so much that they'd be very happy for me for let them tidy up my house... like Monica in friends. ..

7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

"What happened? The maid took off this week?"

SeekingMind likes this.
  8. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

How ? Mr Ashima has cleaning materials for kitechn, table , donning table and other tables. Mrs can take a nap and when gets up he is still cleaning. How did you make a team with him ...how !! He can't sleep work in mess.
    I hope what we reproduce toghther is like me. Balanced.

SeekingMind, Rihana and kaniths like this.
  9. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

Lol. Naa. Story of the maids :)

SeekingMind likes this.
  10. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

I am laughing like crazy reading all your posts. :roflmao:

I try telling " I need all of you to pitch in more in keeping the house clean and.............
    Hubby immediately cuts me within less then 10 secs with his usual "hey, hey wait", and I know whats coming..... " the other day you remember we went to visit those people, do you think their house was all clean? tell me!! If you go by some stupid standards then theirs is a big junk yard but did we care? You tell me "did we care?, did we not have tea and talk to them and be friendly, did we change our behavior towards them? No! right? So, same way all others who visit us also don't care how we keep our house, who cares? who has time to care? And even if they care and comment and try to judge.... who cares their comments? Kids should learn to ignore such people and their judgements. Its our house, we will live as we like...... right??
    By that time I look around and kids are gone. And, I say...ok enough said, now make me some tea. He will promptly oblige because then he can escape all the other work around.

Its as if we need to keep our house clean for others. :BangHead: